Pearls broken back

raisin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have/had two cats.
One was a 4 mth old moggie.
She didnt come home one night and I though that it was a little strange as she usually sleeps inside with us.
Getting up during the night for our young daughter, I called for Pearl about three times during the night, but to no avail.

When we were leaving to go out the next morning, I saw her. Under a bush in the rain, soaking wet and in shock. Raced her to the Emergency Vet (it was a sunday) and was told she had a broken back. I sensed this as Pearl couldnt move her back legs.
So, we discovered a few puncture marks and decided that it was probably a dog attack, though there wasnt much blood.

And I thought, how strange, if her back was broken, how did she get under the bush?
Our neighbours are really weird and used to take Pearl up to their fence that enclosed their two dogs-who hated cats- so im thinking that our kitten probably went into their yard, was attacked by the dogs, then they found her injured and put her under the bush. Im devastated that they could do this. She was out in the rain all night, and wouldve been able to hear me call her, but couldnt get up. I am so sad.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this about Pearl

I'd be having a word with the neighbours to see if they know anything, but taking Pearl up to the fence would have annoyed me anyway because it's like they were letting their dogs get worked up on purpose by seeing her
For this reason i'd be keeping a close eye on your other cat

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my ! poor sweet Pearl - I am sure she passed quickly to the Bridge

RIP Sweet Pearl, you are in a special place, look down now and then you are missed and loved so

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this about Pearl. I pray she didn't suffer to much. I'm very sorry that you and the vet weren't able to save her.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to read about Pearl. My condolences to you at this difficut time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raisin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your kind messages and words, it made the tears roll again!
The main hurt I feel is thinking about my little girl in the rain all night and cold.
I know its something I have to work through, but its nice to know I have others here who can support me in this healing process, as we all have an understanding of what its like to lose a loved pet.
Thank you again.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my

im so sorry you have had to go through this , poor baby , shes safe now playing happyly over the bridge. rip little one

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Pearl!
She's safe and warm now and playing happily over the bridge!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lost a few pets during my lifetime, so I know how hard it is. But I think it's even more difficult when they are still babies who didn't have a chance to live out their full lives.

R.I.P. Pearl and I know you'll have lots of fun playing at the Bridge!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
so sorry to hear of your loss... i think it's more difficult to bear when it's sudden like that, especially with such a young one.
to you during your time of grief...

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Raisin

Thank you for your kind messages and words, it made the tears roll again!
The main hurt I feel is thinking about my little girl in the rain all night and cold.
I know its something I have to work through, but its nice to know I have others here who can support me in this healing process, as we all have an understanding of what its like to lose a loved pet.
Thank you again.
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Pearl.

It would make me sad to knowing that she was in the rain all night, but I am glad that you found her and I know that Pearl knows that you loved her too.

RIP Pearl

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
very sorry to hear about pearl, years ago i found my 6 month old kitten run over, so i can understand how heartbreaking it is. Have lots of extra cuddles with your other cat