Public Speaking Vibes PLEASE!

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oral argument is today at 3 PM. I'm a law student, and this is the beginning of the "moot court tournament." Today, I argue "on brief" which means I represent the Plaintiff (as I did in my brief). It's 12 minutes of pure terror for me, that requires you to have a memorized argument, but to think extemporaneously too and answer questions the judges interrupt at any time to ask! Sooo scary! Please send some public speaking vibes this way! I'd very much appreciate it!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SSmith0385

My oral argument is today at 3 PM. I'm a law student, and this is the beginning of the "moot court tournament." Today, I argue "on brief" which means I represent the Plaintiff (as I did in my brief). It's 12 minutes of pure terror for me, that requires you to have a memorized argument, but to think extemporaneously too and answer questions the judges interrupt at any time to ask! Sooo scary! Please send some public speaking vibes this way! I'd very much appreciate it!
Take a deep breath and be calm. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo how fascinating..........well

Lots of soothing & calming ((((((vibes)))))) whizzing your way - it will all come flooding back and you'll be the greatest

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I understand. I'm terrified of public speaking. And in the beginning of my first year of high school I was in Mock Trial, which was pretty intimidating at times.
Sending lots and lots of (((((((good vibes)))))))) to you. You'll do great!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Settle down. See the rotating spiral? It is sending vibes your way.

By the way, I am a member of Toastmasters, the speaking organization. It would be worth your while to go to a sample meeting. Most people completely lose their fear of speaking in a very short while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Thanks for the vibes. After lots of practice I wasn't too nervous at all! The judges seemed to think that I spoke better, but that she had better case law. Oh well, its over now until wednesday...when I have to do it all over but this time as the defendant! (At least I'll have better cases now!)