Is your cat.....Fat?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much does your cat weigh? I just weighed Tiger and he's a whopping 22lbs!

But he doesn't look fat
He's just a big boy....

What about your cats?

I'll give 200 pts to the person with the pudgiest kitty

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what you're talking about
Sho's just big boned...

Ok, so he's a little pudgy at 15-16 lbs

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope - no fat cats here
Mosi is 3.4kg (about 7lbs?) and growing, and I'm not sure about Jaffa as he's not been weighed for a long time but he was approx 12lbs and he's definitely not overweight - he's tall and long but very slim build.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scully is my heaviest at 20-21lbs, but I must say that is very unhealthy for him (better than the 30+lbs he weighed when we got him but still unhealthy).

As far as Tiger being overweight, only your vet can tell you, our vet said Bumps is 'not too bad' at 16lbs but Boomer at the same weight would be obese. On the other hand, male Maine Coons can be 25lbs and perfect body weights

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Biiig kitties!

Molly may be like 5 or 6 pounds and Polly possibly 5.
They aren't underweight, just lean and very petite. Their mom is the same way.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teddy's my biggest worry at the moment

He's nearly 10lbs and the little tinker is only 7/8mths old
he is such an opportuntist, can hear a tin opened at 300 paces and clears up anything if it should get left
which of course does if DH is on Kitchen Duties - he's such an old softie with them all
If its me, every bowl gets moved as soon as a cat walks away. Maria my vet said if we're not careful we'll soon have a panther on our hands

Dinos a fatty hes about 18lbs - his tummy sway is just crazy and actually flaps from side to side when he runs - which luckily for onlookers isnt that often

Moofs & Peps are both fine, they have a little spay sway, but you cant really see at all

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time Patches was weighed she was about 22lbs too. But that was 7 years ago. She's gotten pudgier sense.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie was weighed by the vet on Friday 13lbs 10 ounces, not bad according to the vet. Jazz weighs in at 12 lbs but also has a spay sway that swings back and forth when she walks/runs
I love it!!!!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet said Summer is in the "ideal" category and we can only hope she stays 8 pounds for the rest of her life, and so far she has.

The vet hasn't said anythnig about Chevy's weight, but then again, he's young and still growing every minute. Howver, I do think he's in the overweight category for his frame. He's 8.5 lbs and 9 months old. He's not as big as your Teddy Mooficat, so that makes me feel a little better.

I stopped giving them caned food because it would upset his stomach because he would eat it so fast. He would also eat Summer's left overs.
He gets lots of exercise, but I definitely think he's eating more than his share. Summer never ate her full daily serving when she was an only cat, and she probably isn't now....so that only leaves one culprit!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well- now I don't feel so bad.

Sneaky Pie is 13 lbs. One of my neighbors asked if she was pregnant, or if she just liked to eat
She is overweight though, she's not a very big kitty to begin with. I try, I haven't been feeding her every time she decides "It's time to feed the Sneaky cat."

Mistoflees has lost weight. In his younger days (he's 15 now) he was about 13-14 lbs. Very muscular though. He's now down to about 11-12 lbs, which really scared me at first. The vet says it's ok, a lot of it is muscle, and I can tell he doesn't have the muscle tone he used to have when he was younger.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

How much does your cat weigh? I just weighed Tiger and he's a whopping 22lbs!

But he doesn't look fat
He's just a big boy....

What about your cats?

I'll give 200 pts to the person with the pudgiest kitty

You tell me! He is 16 pounds and at the most he should only weigh 12! He is 5 years old... POLYDACTYL and Neutered! My poor baby is so chubby he has no neck! I put some thumb pics in there for you!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending Kitty to Fat Fighters as he weighed 6kg the last time he was weighed at the vets
We are trying to slim him down but it`s hard work.

Maisie on the other hand is only 2.5kg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I don't feel so bad.
Tiger's not the only one.
I will let more people post and tonight around 10 I'll award the points