TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Car Shopping.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Car Shopping.....

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Who here is car shopping? I know Nat is with little luck. I have been looking since my Honda is not running the way it should and probably won't last a whole lot longer. What cars are you checking out and why?

I really want a Mazdaspeed 3 or 6. Probably the 3 cause its cheaper. I would love a 350Z but that price tag is quite a bit more than I can afford but I love love love them!
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
Who here is car shopping? I know Nat is with little luck. I have been looking since my Honda is not running the way it should and probably won't last a whole lot longer. What cars are you checking out and why?

I really want a Mazdaspeed 3 or 6. Probably the 3 cause its cheaper. I would love a 350Z but that price tag is quite a bit more than I can afford but I love love love them!
How about a Porsche? Here is mine. The great thing about this car is that DW has no idea how to drive it!

Actually I am surprised that anybody would have a problem with a Honda. The car I traded for this Porsche was a Honda S2000 (also a 6 speed that DW could not drive) had 124K trouble free miles on it when I traded it. I just wanted something new, it probably has another 124K good miles left on it.

Actually the Mazda is a great car, I just read a good review on it in both Consumer Reports and Road & Track.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
My honda is a 1992 Prelude and has been over heated twice. So it is partly my fault (we didn't know it ran hot before we bought it) and I got it REALLY hot before I pulled over so I melted a lot of stuff. And heck I want a new car! Hopefully it will last until Christmas!
post #4 of 18
We were recently car shopping. Found a 97 Caddy with 30,00 miles. Several Impalas, & looked at a few Buicks. We now have a 06 Impala LS. The nicest car ever!
post #5 of 18
No car shopping here... not for another 4 years... when my current loan is paid off!
post #6 of 18
I'm always car shopping... but just window-shopping, I'm afraid. I think the recent Chryslers are just gorgeous, and I like Buicks, too... but what I really want someday is a Land Rover! A girl can dream...
post #7 of 18
We just bought a new car last year after Derek was born - we upgraded to a mini-van! We love our Kia. I just understand why a mini-van needs 18 cup holders?
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
We just bought a new car last year after Derek was born - we upgraded to a mini-van! We love our Kia. I just understand why a mini-van needs 18 cup holders?
For the 16 and their 16 friends you will end up hauling around! ;lol:
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
For the 16 and their 16 friends you will end up hauling around! ;lol:
But the van only fits 7 people!?!
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie View Post
But the van only fits 7 people!?!
Hmm 2 drinks per person and a few extra!
post #11 of 18
I'm looking, and torn in two directions - Mercedes ML350 (the SUV) or a Mini Cooper. Different price, different size, different drive experience. A Mini sounds nice until you drive in bad weather like today's noreaster. I'm not sure I want a small car in high wind and heavy rain or snow and I do a lot of highway driving.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom View Post
I'm looking, and torn in two directions - Mercedes ML350 (the SUV) or a Mini Cooper. Different price, different size, different drive experience. A Mini sounds nice until you drive in bad weather like today's noreaster. I'm not sure I want a small car in high wind and heavy rain or snow and I do a lot of highway driving.
Don't forget that some SUVs have a high "tip over" factor as well. Lower center of gravity in the mini may be better.
post #13 of 18
I know that within the year I would like to get a new truck (it needs new tires!)
Its got 59K miles and we usually replace at about 60-65K. But I haven't used the trailer hitch/brake control much and would like to get some use out of it.
Still need regular cab but the new F150's have more interior space. (I haul lots of stuff out on jobs). Will have to consider looking at the redesigned 2008 F150's due out later this year.
post #14 of 18
As you all know, I am car shopping. I am looking for a 00-02 Honda Civic, and I won't settle for anything but.

I have entertained thoughts of perhaps a Mazda Protege5 or a Nissan Sentra, but I realized that if I am spending $10,000, I don't want to settle.

So, my search continues...
post #15 of 18
Ian and I just bought a used car....

We have too much debt (all student loans, all the time) to buy a new one, and my parents want to unload their 2004 Toyota Highlander at wholsesale cost in 8-12 months when my mommy buys her Acura.

But, I'm going to be reverse-commuting to 3 locations which are nowhere near public transport , so we bought a car. A barely-used 1998 Mercury Sable, white, with about 80,000 miles (see? barely used for a 9 year old car!), owned by only one elderly couple and in basically perfect shape. No dings or dents, clean on the inside, everything working great, remoted unlocker dealies operational....and we talked the guy down to $1400, including tax, title, license and registration!

If I were buying a new car, I'd buy the one I shared with my sis...a Honda Civic Hybrid (we share(d) an '05). I love that car. Too bad my parents want to keep it for the sibs and won't just give it to me! But seriously. It's small, it's INCREDIBLY fuel efficient, it's pretty, it's zippy and best of all, it's easy to parallel park!
post #16 of 18
I just bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla back in October. I LOVE it. I really wanted a Civic Hybrid, but couldn't afford it. This is the very first new car I have ever owned!! I should be able to keep it until the tires fall off. Like a Honda, Toyotas last forever. Good luck with your car shopping!
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha1979 View Post
I just bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla back in October. I LOVE it. I really wanted a Civic Hybrid, but couldn't afford it. This is the very first new car I have ever owned!! I should be able to keep it until the tires fall off.
Quote:
Like a Honda, Toyotas last forever.
Good luck with your car shopping!
Every year, Consumer Reports sends out forms for car owners to fill out. They are asked if they have had problems in several areas, and then all the data are tabulated and published in the magazine Consumer Reports. For the last 20 years that I have subscribed, Toyota and Honda have been neck and neck for the most reliable car. Please remember, these data are from the people that have owned the cars, not some writer's opinion. Of course, most people do ignore this information. Just like me, I traded a Honda S2000, the most reliable sports car in history for a Porsche for one simple reason: I WANTED ONE.
post #18 of 18
The Mazda 3 or 6 is a nice car... Maintenance can be a little high but that is a givin! I use to work for Mazda and Volkswagon! I have a Honda that isnt running right and I hope to do an engine swap and conversion in the future (99 Honda Prelude)! I am an import fan not a domestic fan... Unless it comes to drag racing! I would love a 350z as well! Some other great manufactures to check out are Acura (aka Honda), VW (I like the GTI... turbo manual), Mazda (only a fan of the 6, RX-7, and RX8), Toyota (the new camry is slick and they last a long time... lexus and toyota are the same production as well), Honda Civic is great but they are tagging them way to high these days! I currently have two cars a 1999 Honda Prelude (tiptronic autostick) and a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally (I hate it... They put Mitsu engines in neons... Its pretty much a chrysler thing and vice versa)! So here are the models I suggest....
Mazda: RX8 or 6
Honda: Civic EX, SI, Accord
Acura: TL, RSX, Integra
Toyota: (New) Camry, Corolla, Supra (lol)
Nissan: Sentra (SE-R), Maxima, 350z
Infiniti: G35
VW: Jetta, GTI, oh and the new Rabbit which starts around 14k!

Hope that helps a little! Make sure to review the specs of each model that interests you, bluebook value, and customer ratings!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Car Shopping.....