Daily Thread Monday April 16th!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning all my lovelies!!

Well today a new girl is starting in our office, so it should be interesting..thankfully its my early day so I won't have to deal with her for too long.
She is really nice and smart, but it is so much to learn, I dread having to train it. Eep!

Anyhoo, I am still car shopping with no luck..at least I can test drive stick shifts now
Hopefully it'll be new car for me someday soon

Today is Patriots Day!! Be sure to mark that on your calendars

Have a great day friends

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! This got started early enough that I can say good morning.
Its a WINDY Monday here in VA. I can't believe its mid April and I am wearing my turtleneck sweater. I am awaiting the return of warm weather.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is also National Stress Awareness Day (especially made for those in the US who have taxes due)

It is cold here too, definitely turtleneck weather! oooh I think I have an icon for that

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta get ready to go greet the little rug rats, I hope everyone here has a great day, C U when I get home this evening.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat peeps!

Not too cold here, but WINDY! Gusts to 60MPH today, so we'll be hanging on tight.

Thanks for doing the AG holiday, Eithne! And thanks to Nat the freak for getting this going early. I do kinda like not having to get to work as early...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brrr!!! Its a chilly day today! And windy! Not as windy as yesterday though! Back to work today! Ugh!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good morning

stress awareness? Is that because I have 3 term papers and a thesis due in the next 8 days?? (that's around 100 pages total)

I can't believe I'm so close to being done.

The weather around here keeps getting worst and worst. It feels like weeks since we've had any sun... and today there's wet snow everywhere and the wind is blowing so hard that the electricity keeps blinking.
I think I'll take the subway to school instead of walking.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather here is... hot and sunny

Worked the weekend and the weather was the same, worse weekend EVER as people tend to go a little nuts in the sun. Bad news is though I have today off I have to work this coming weekend as well

Have to go to the bank today as well as to the bookies to pick up my big winnings and get my wife a chinese tonight

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

stress awareness? Is that because I have 3 term papers and a thesis due in the next 8 days?? (that's around 100 pages total)
You sound like me, however I have the 3 papers and about 3 weeks still to finish. But I am still stressing out. Good luck!! You are do it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another day here.... I was up early because the sun was shining in my eyes thru the blinds

Off to work in an hour, I'm by myself today in Finance today thru Wednesday and I'm NERVOUS. I haven't even had a month of training yet!!
There will be another guy there w/ me to be a backup to my normal trainer, but still, I'm so nervous

Hope you all have a good day!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have sunshine and it's supposed to be in the 60s! Mailed Mom's tax return last week so no stress here.

Okay, there is stress in dealing with my new printer. It keeps feeding the paper crooked!

We had that wind yesterday. We were in the low 50s but with wind chills 10 degrees colder.
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It is cold here too, definitely turtleneck weather! oooh I think I have an icon for that
Will this one do?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hot! The flat is like an oven - bloomin south facing windows argh! I can't have the windows wide open because Radar is too excitable, one look at a bird flying past and he's be out - and we're 3 storeys up
They lock about 3" open but that's not letting enough air in. I looked into getting screens but the windows open inwards so that's a no-go. Radar is under the sofa where it's cool. I think I may join him

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Morning! I am still half-asleep and I don't think I am going to wake up today. I got no sleep last night because the Nor'easter was SO loud! We have a lull right now, and my yard is flooded with a lot of branches down.

Yes, today is Patriot's Day and a holiday here in Massachusetts. It is Boston Marathon day and they will be having it despite the weather. They were just interviewing a couple that are running, and will stop to get married on top of Heartbreak Hill!

I have a trip to the allergist later, but that is about it for today.

Hope you all get your papers done, and good luck Kenz!

Have a great day!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! It's sunny here and windy! I am on vacation in Florida. I am from Maine and it is freezing there with a storm. Much better here! Today I am celebrating my one year wedding anniversary!!!!!
Yippeeeee!!! So, it's a GREAT day for me! Hope you all have a wonderful day as well!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanna start today over! I didn't go to sleep until 3:30am. I set my alarm but at some point I shut it off and didn't get up until 12:20pm UGH the whole day is gone. I have dropped everything I touch including my coffee.

I heard that State of Emergency has been called for West Virgina, Maine & New Jersey due to the storm. Stay safe!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I'm glad the rest of you are having pretty good mornings, but I've got to tell you, this weekend has been hell. I called off work today. I'm going to get grumbled at when I get back there tomorrow. My family is in an uproar, my job is in an uproar, and .. I'm about ready to quit my job and hide in a corner. If I had some other means of real income, I'd put my two weeks notice in. I'm ready to beat another secretary into a pulp (and it takes a lot for my temper to get that hot.. I'm generally a very easy going, non-violent person)..

UGH.