TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Monday April 16th!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily Thread Monday April 16th!!

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Good Morning all my lovelies!!

Well today a new girl is starting in our office, so it should be interesting..thankfully its my early day so I won't have to deal with her for too long. She is really nice and smart, but it is so much to learn, I dread having to train it. Eep!

Anyhoo, I am still car shopping with no luck..at least I can test drive stick shifts now Hopefully it'll be new car for me someday soon

Today is Patriots Day!! Be sure to mark that on your calendars

Have a great day friends
post #2 of 26
Yay! This got started early enough that I can say good morning. Its a WINDY Monday here in VA. I can't believe its mid April and I am wearing my turtleneck sweater. I am awaiting the return of warm weather.
post #3 of 26
Morning girlies!!

It's cloudy here today and my hands are cold so i've turned the radiator up

Grocery shopping tonight and i'll see what new toys are in for the girls
post #4 of 26
Good morning everyone, coffee is ready
post #5 of 26
Today is also National Stress Awareness Day (especially made for those in the US who have taxes due)



It is cold here too, definitely turtleneck weather! oooh I think I have an icon for that
post #6 of 26
Gotta get ready to go greet the little rug rats, I hope everyone here has a great day, C U when I get home this evening.

post #7 of 26
Morning cat peeps!

Not too cold here, but WINDY! Gusts to 60MPH today, so we'll be hanging on tight.

Thanks for doing the AG holiday, Eithne! And thanks to Nat the freak for getting this going early. I do kinda like not having to get to work as early...
post #8 of 26
Brrr!!! Its a chilly day today! And windy! Not as windy as yesterday though! Back to work today! Ugh!!
post #9 of 26
Good morning

stress awareness? Is that because I have 3 term papers and a thesis due in the next 8 days?? (that's around 100 pages total)

I can't believe I'm so close to being done.

The weather around here keeps getting worst and worst. It feels like weeks since we've had any sun... and today there's wet snow everywhere and the wind is blowing so hard that the electricity keeps blinking.
I think I'll take the subway to school instead of walking.
post #10 of 26
Weather here is... hot and sunny

Worked the weekend and the weather was the same, worse weekend EVER as people tend to go a little nuts in the sun. Bad news is though I have today off I have to work this coming weekend as well

Have to go to the bank today as well as to the bookies to pick up my big winnings and get my wife a chinese tonight
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post

stress awareness? Is that because I have 3 term papers and a thesis due in the next 8 days?? (that's around 100 pages total)

You sound like me, however I have the 3 papers and about 3 weeks still to finish. But I am still stressing out. Good luck!! You are do it.
post #12 of 26
Another day here.... I was up early because the sun was shining in my eyes thru the blinds
Off to work in an hour, I'm by myself today in Finance today thru Wednesday and I'm NERVOUS. I haven't even had a month of training yet!! There will be another guy there w/ me to be a backup to my normal trainer, but still, I'm so nervous

Hope you all have a good day!
post #13 of 26
Wow that wind is strong out there, upto 50km. The tree outside is bending over!

Kenz, I am sure you will do fine by yourself
post #14 of 26
We have sunshine and it's supposed to be in the 60s! Mailed Mom's tax return last week so no stress here.

Okay, there is stress in dealing with my new printer. It keeps feeding the paper crooked!

We had that wind yesterday. We were in the low 50s but with wind chills 10 degrees colder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
It is cold here too, definitely turtleneck weather! oooh I think I have an icon for that
Will this one do?
post #15 of 26
It's so hot! The flat is like an oven - bloomin south facing windows argh! I can't have the windows wide open because Radar is too excitable, one look at a bird flying past and he's be out - and we're 3 storeys up They lock about 3" open but that's not letting enough air in. I looked into getting screens but the windows open inwards so that's a no-go. Radar is under the sofa where it's cool. I think I may join him
post #16 of 26
Morning! I am still half-asleep and I don't think I am going to wake up today. I got no sleep last night because the Nor'easter was SO loud! We have a lull right now, and my yard is flooded with a lot of branches down.

Yes, today is Patriot's Day and a holiday here in Massachusetts. It is Boston Marathon day and they will be having it despite the weather. They were just interviewing a couple that are running, and will stop to get married on top of Heartbreak Hill!

I have a trip to the allergist later, but that is about it for today.

Hope you all get your papers done, and good luck Kenz!

Have a great day!
post #17 of 26
it is lovely-felines are all dozing in the sun
post #18 of 26
Hello! It's sunny here and windy! I am on vacation in Florida. I am from Maine and it is freezing there with a storm. Much better here! Today I am celebrating my one year wedding anniversary!!!!! Yippeeeee!!! So, it's a GREAT day for me! Hope you all have a wonderful day as well!
post #19 of 26
I wanna start today over! I didn't go to sleep until 3:30am. I set my alarm but at some point I shut it off and didn't get up until 12:20pm UGH the whole day is gone. I have dropped everything I touch including my coffee.

I heard that State of Emergency has been called for West Virgina, Maine & New Jersey due to the storm. Stay safe!
post #20 of 26
Ugh, I'm glad the rest of you are having pretty good mornings, but I've got to tell you, this weekend has been hell. I called off work today. I'm going to get grumbled at when I get back there tomorrow. My family is in an uproar, my job is in an uproar, and .. I'm about ready to quit my job and hide in a corner. If I had some other means of real income, I'd put my two weeks notice in. I'm ready to beat another secretary into a pulp (and it takes a lot for my temper to get that hot.. I'm generally a very easy going, non-violent person)..

UGH.
post #21 of 26
ugh today has been interesting. i finially fell asleep around 2 am i slept on the couch cause everyone (charlie and cheye) is sick and i didnt want to get sick myself. so around 4 honey and the kits woke me up cause they think 4 am is a good time to eat breakfast i couldnt go back to sleep cause charlie had to get up at 5 to get ready to go to work and then cheyenne gets up at 6 to get ready for school. i had to be at work at 8 and i had to walk so already it has been a long morning (but not a bad one). i got to work did all my morning prep sorting candy and putting up jello counting newspapers ect. everything is fine im in a good mood and so are my bosses (always a good thing) i went for my morning break at 10 like i always do and deciced i just wanted a little snack so i got some fresh fruit from the deli and a bottle of apple juice. i came back downstairs at 10:15 and by 10:45 i had thrown up twice!! I just got really sick. massive headache, shaky, hot one minute and freezing the next. after i threw up the 2nd time my boss brought me home. i have thrown up 2 more times (i keep drinking water so i at least have something in my stomach) im ok with the headache as long as i am laying down. when i sit up though i feel like soome one is sticking a hot poker through my head. my hot cold flashes have eased up enough so that i am comfy as long as i dont move around. i have no idea what this could be. but it bites!!
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis View Post
ugh today has been interesting. i finially fell asleep around 2 am i slept on the couch cause everyone (charlie and cheye) is sick and i didnt want to get sick myself. so around 4 honey and the kits woke me up cause they think 4 am is a good time to eat breakfast i couldnt go back to sleep cause charlie had to get up at 5 to get ready to go to work and then cheyenne gets up at 6 to get ready for school. i had to be at work at 8 and i had to walk so already it has been a long morning (but not a bad one). i got to work did all my morning prep sorting candy and putting up jello counting newspapers ect. everything is fine im in a good mood and so are my bosses (always a good thing) i went for my morning break at 10 like i always do and deciced i just wanted a little snack so i got some fresh fruit from the deli and a bottle of apple juice. i came back downstairs at 10:15 and by 10:45 i had thrown up twice!! I just got really sick. massive headache, shaky, hot one minute and freezing the next. after i threw up the 2nd time my boss brought me home. i have thrown up 2 more times (i keep drinking water so i at least have something in my stomach) im ok with the headache as long as i am laying down. when i sit up though i feel like soome one is sticking a hot poker through my head. my hot cold flashes have eased up enough so that i am comfy as long as i dont move around. i have no idea what this could be. but it bites!!

That isn't good. I hope it isn't related to the snack you had. Sending some healing vibes to you.


Well my noon is getting better and better. Molly & Benson won't stop crying to me. Molly is addicted to her treats and she just had them 10 minutes before she started begging. Benson doesn't know what he wants. I tried food, water, toys...nothing will shut him up. (Yes I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.) Then Benson starts chasing Molly. I told Molly to fight it out and I wasn't helping her this time. I didn't hear any yells or hissing but I didn't hear glass. They manage to spill milk EVERYWHERE.
post #23 of 26
We had a splendid day of warmish (60f) and sunny weather today!!
Worked at one job site for 2.5 hrs pruning shrubs, left to go to another job (elderly lady-clean up flower bed) then back to the other job tackling red twig dogwoods that haven't been pruned probably ever!! Finished that task-have ALOT of brush to haul away-probably a good two loads with the truck and the trailer!! Homeowner going to be surprised at the difference though. But pretty tired and more of this pruning tomorrow (along with class on container gardening at 3 pm).
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis View Post
i have no idea what this could be. but it bites!!
It is going around, I was the same Thursday evening/night and some coworkers had it over the weekend, the hot poker through the head feeling is awful
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
It is going around, I was the same Thursday evening/night and some coworkers had it over the weekend, the hot poker through the head feeling is awful
It's one o'clock in the morning here and no doubt I'll have the same feeling come the morning
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Today is also National Stress Awareness Day (especially made for those in the US who have taxes due)



It is cold here too, definitely turtleneck weather! oooh I think I have an icon for that
And today (April 16) is Persi's birthday, but I have not yet managed to get any calendar company to put that on as a holiday. But I am working on it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Monday April 16th!!