So I met my idol today

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My DH and I went to a giant slalom event today, called The Pump Station in Poway. I have never been to one. There is a woman in her 30s who is the reason I became a skateboarder. Her name is Lynn Kramer. She is the reason I felt I could skate. She was there and I got to talk to her. I had her sign my board and she invited me to skate with her at the Downhill Divas skate jam here in San Diego. I can't believe it. I know I came across as a complete moron when I talked with her. I was so nevous. Here was one of my idols in person being really cool and talking to me. I can't believe it.

Here is a picture of her doing her thing.

Signing MY board!

God I love her she is amazing in person. This woman is one of the top slalom skateboarders in the WORLD. She is VERY VERY fast. I wish I could go as fast as her. She held her own with the men and came in 10th. She was the ONLY woman at the pro level. We need more women in skateboarding.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that had to be soo exciting
ya there does need to be more female skaters, i used to skate board but idk i just stopped for some reason
I guess because once it gets winter i dont do it and then spring comes and i get lazy
But thats sounded so great that u got to met ur idol and she signed ur board, and well hey i think we would all be nervous talking to our idols
i would be! But thats so great and well it sounds like shes really nice and thats so cool she invited u to go skating with her
Be sure to let us know how that goes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Getting lazy is no excuse. Just grab a board and go. Thats what I learned today from Lynn. I told her I was in no way comphy going downhill like her and she tolld me all it takes is the stoke. If you liked it before there is no reason to not like it now. It is also great excersise. I plan on being able to compete at even the amateur level by the end of sumer. So grab a board and skate. What are you afraid of?

If you want PM me me and I will give you links to some of the best sites on the web.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Souns like you had a great day and some great memories there of meeting your skateboarding idol
How long have you been skate boarding for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Souns like you had a great day and some great memories there of meeting your skateboarding idol
How long have you been skate boarding for?
Yea I do have some great memories. I have been skateboarding for almost a year now. I started at the ripe old age of 29. When my DH first came to me with the idea of skating I thought "yea right, like I could do that" Then I read an article in Concrete Wave with Lynn Kramer and how she found her stoke. It made me realize that even at 29 I could skate to. Now all I want to do is skate. My DH has built me a board and I keep buying new boards to fill my quiver(term for multible boards) I am thinking about learning how to skate in pools and half pipes along with doing downhill like Lynn. It really is a great
thing. Its fun and burns calories like mad. I have discovered muscles in my tummy area that I did not know even exsisted before. If you want go research it. There are a few good sites, http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/index.php

that is one but then there is
http://www.skateboardmom.com/

Ths is the site for ALL women who want to skate. You don't even have to be a mom to join.