Tobie look-alike and cat show results

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Tobie did well overall today. It was a mixed bag. In the first ring (it was the specialty judge), he didn't even final. Since it was long hair specialty, there were only 5 that finaled anyway. I don't know what was up with that.

He finaled and got 6th best in two rings, and then he got Best HHP!!

Okay, so we all know how strange Tobie's coloring is. I had someone come up to me and say "You have to see this cat." I didn't quite get it what she was so excited about at first, but I went over, and OMG... it was Tobie with no tail and stripes instead of ticking!
It was crazy!! I did a major double take. The owner calls him a natural mink mctabby. Which reminds me; a couple of the judges disagreed with me again on color.
It's possible that Tobie is a natural mink ticked tabby, though... I'm not going to lose sleep over it. It doesn't matter so much for HHPs anyway.
Here's Tobie's lookalike:

I repeat, that's not Tobie!!!! Funny, huh?

Here's the rest of my show pics:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123470

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

The owner calls him a natural mink mctabby.
A mctabby? Do you get fries with that from McDonalds?

That's great about Tobie - best HHP!! We already knew that though
Did the other kitties owner come see Tobie?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

A mctabby? Do you get fries with that from McDonalds?

That's great about Tobie - best HHP!! We already knew that though
Did the other kitties owner come see Tobie?
I thought that too!

Tobie....just remember....you're gorgeous no matter what those silly judges say!

Is HHP the household pet/altered category?

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still say Tobies cuter!

did the judges agree with the other cat being called a natural mink? Did they know the background of their kitty.

I wonder if UC Davis would be willing to give you the results of their color study if they are no longer taking applications. ( not a blood test, just a mouth swab for testing).

I just love Tobie, actually that whole litter of yours was beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, good idea kittymonsters. I'll check on it again.

I actually was just typing too fast and didn't realize she said "MacTabby" which is shorthand for mackeral. I also forgot to mention that her cat was an American Bobtail, and she says those colors come up for her once in a while.
If you ask me, that makes it all the more strange!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I thought that too!

Tobie....just remember....you're gorgeous no matter what those silly judges say!

Is HHP the household pet/altered category?
Yep! All sorts of cats get entered into HHP... they can be purebred, but they aren't judge to the breed standards. Most of them are just moggies. There was a lovely Balinese with a pig tail (genetic defect) that had 7 kinks! She was such a cute kitty.

She did come over and see Tobie... she didn't look as shocked at the resemblance as I did.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobie's lookalike's cute, but Tobie's MUCH cuter! I won't even try figuring out his colour