what Litter box do you use?

molarszbt18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I have had my cat now since dec and I am still using the same litter box but not liking how it is working at all. Its the electronic one by Litter made, LME9250. What are you using out there that is electric that you have no issues with?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by molarszbt18

Hello,
I have had my cat now since dec and I am still using the same litter box but not liking how it is working at all. Its the electronic one by Litter made, LME9250. What are you using out there that is electric that you have no issues with?
Thanks for reminding me, I need to go clean the litterbox. I have never found any reason that I would want an electronic litter box. I do not mind cleaning the box at all, in fact, I can determine if one of my cat's is sick when I clean the box that I would not know of if I had an electronic.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Thanks for reminding me, I need to go clean the litterbox. I have never found any reason that I would want an electronic litter box. I do not mind cleaning the box at all, in fact, I can determine if one of my cat's is sick when I clean the box that I would not know of if I had an electronic.
Yup. I use a regular cheap box that you can buy anywhere! I also like to monitor and make sure everything's going smoothly and according to plan! LOL. PHX doesn't care!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the BuddaDome sold at Pet's Mart and then another two others that are from Target (with the cover). Neither seems any better than the other.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a "self cleaning" Box. Its not electric. Its the Omega Paw one. You tilt it to the right slowly and it has a sifter that sifts out the clumps as your roll it all the way upside down and it catches the dirty litter into a little tray you simply pull out and dump. I love it!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use 2 Rubbermaid totes for our boys! They work wonderfully AND they are only like $3 a piece, so when I need to replace them, they are super cheap!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molarszbt18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Thats my problem I would forget and well it would be bad. Also when I take the bag out i do take a quick look for anything that is not kosher. So I dont really miss anything. I just feel electronic litters should be better then what they are for the price

molarszbt18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I have a "self cleaning" Box. Its not electric. Its the Omega Paw one. You tilt it to the right slowly and it has a sifter that sifts out the clumps as your roll it all the way upside down and it catches the dirty litter into a little tray you simply pull out and dump. I love it!!
You mean this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-RA15.../dp/B0002DK2A8

So you have to manually move it every day and then take the bag out? YEa I know I am lazy, just want to make sure my cat has a clean spot I guess

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the Booda Dome litter box too. I have trouble with the liners though.. my little Princess likes to tear the crap out of it.

I like how I can't smell anything with that box since it has a charcoal filter in the back of it.

kateure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I LOVE my Littermaid box. My hubby got it for us(me and Spooky) when i was preggers, since I couldn't scoop. I had to replace the one we had with a new one a couple months ago, I'm never going back to a manual scooper.
I dont worry about not knowing if he's not feeling well, he leaves me a 'present' in my washroom instead of using the box.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 2 littermaid mega electric boxes. The cats love them, and for me especially with having dogs about their real helpful

Had no problems with ours, i can easily keep "an eye" on things by peeking in the waste box..

After using the other type of boxes for years with my now passed on cats i won't go back to those.. the littermaids keep things nice and fresh which is real important with these dolls, their super fussy

molarszbt18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Littermaid Elite Box is the one I have and hate. The rake teeth are too far apart so any "crumbs" never get picked up. The rake also does not touch the bottom and when it retracts back if the crumbs get picked up they get brought back with the rake to the back of the box along with anything else. You guys do not see this sisue?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have 3 high sided sterilite tubs, with an entry cut in, for litter boxes. our spare is a tidy cats litter box. i put that one out when we travel. we used to have 2 tidy cats boxes and 2 van ness extra large covered boxes. my cats aren't too fussy as long as it's clean.
the sterilite boxes were chosen because they are easier for me to wash once a month
--and the others were several years old.

kateure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by molarszbt18

Littermaid Elite Box is the one I have and hate. The rake teeth are too far apart so any "crumbs" never get picked up. The rake also does not touch the bottom and when it retracts back if the crumbs get picked up they get brought back with the rake to the back of the box along with anything else. You guys do not see this sisue?
I don't worry to much about the 'crumbs' I clean the bottom and change the litter once a month/month n a half as suggested by the manual. If the rake teeth were narrower, the rake mechanism would get stuck with the big urine clumps the litter forms. And a stuck rake means a dirty box totally defeating the purpose.

molarszbt18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

Litter Robot here. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!
thats like a space ship, i know someone who has it.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use a covered litterbox that I bought at Wal-mart. No problem in scooping or changing litter. The box is in the utility room next to a toilet. I sit on it when I scoop so I don't need to bend over. I had to go to a covered box for my cats since they scattered litter all over. There is still some on the rug the box sits on but its easily shaken outside. I don't know if I would spend the money for an electric one. Some day maybe.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use the Scoop Free and love it. With one cat, I usually but a tray every 25 days or so. It senses when a cat has been in the box, and after 20 minutes a rake goes through the tray (that comes with Fresh Step Crystals) and combs any poops into a covered tray that is attached to the tray that holds the litter. When it is time to replace the tray, you pick the whole thing up, and throw it away (I put it in a garbage bag and then dump it). Smell patrol is great, except for the first few minutes as the crystals are absorbing the moisture out of the poop to shrink and stop odor.

For the sake of doing it, about halfway through the month I may take some of the crystals out and replace them with some from a jug from the store...it gives me a chance to see how much she urinates, etc.

I bought it when I was in college and working, full time, because when I was home, I didn't want to be cleaning the litterbox, when I could be spending it with her : )

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use the BuddaDome right now. But, in the past I have tried a " tilt n' sift" type box and a LitterMaid. I liked the "tilt n' sift one. However, I thought the LitterMaid was the most expensvie waste of money...the rakes get clogged or the "crumbs" get missed. I have three cats and even with the LitterMaid and another spare litter box I found myself having to spend alot on the little filler box thingies...I'll stick with the basics...