Being incredibly bored + Cookies = lack of self control

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh...I am so stuffed! Josh is out of town for a couple of days, leaving me here with the fur-babies and a big ol empty house. I've been bored out of my mind all day, and little while ago found some chips-a-hoy cookies that Josh had bought the other day. So, I'm sitting here reading through some threads munching away, and before I know it I've eaten over HALF of one of those rolls of cookies!!!
I'm not sure exactly how many are in a roll, but I bet theres at least 15, maybe more.

Now I remember why I stopped snacking while doing other things, and I feel like a total PIG!!

Someone come and get the rest of these please!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's ok hon, we all have our moments
i'll confess i've eaten an entire sleeve of cookies on more than one occasion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

it's ok hon, we all have our moments
i'll confess i've eaten an entire sleeve of cookies on more than one occasion
You can have the rest of mine if you really want to make me feel better!! I'll drive two hours to bring them to you!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll gladly eat them!

If it makes you feel any better....I had a light supper....& just now realized I have 4 bags of chips: Cheetos, Doritos, Baked Lays(at least they're the baked ones) & Fritos oepn here & I'm snacking from all four!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'll gladly eat them!

If it makes you feel any better....I had a light supper....& just now realized I have 4 bags of chips: Cheetos, Doritos, Baked Lays(at least they're the baked ones) & Fritos oepn here & I'm snacking from all four!
At least you had a proper supper! I couldn't find anything I wanted, except those stupid cookies of course!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

At least you had a proper supper! I couldn't find anything I wanted, except those stupid cookies of course!!
I had cake for supper last night.
In my defense....I never got out of the shelter for lunch until like 3pm.....

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To the OP, you did stop smoking didn't you? (how's that going anyways?) That will make a person eat more.

I found a very good way not to snack too much. Do not take the container of food with you when you sit down somewhere
it's just too tempting, especially with chips. Get a few and leave the bag in the kitchen, if you have to get back up you're less like to eat a bunch.

The other alternative is having someone else in the house that will eat it all, in this case cookies, before you get to eat more than two or three.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It happens...boyfriend got a sweet tooth last week. So we now have Edy's ice cream and cheesecake in the house in addition to all the chocolate left over from easter.

Then I have 1/2 bowl of hummus left in the fridge that I'm dying to eat but by the time I am able to eat it the pita bread is moldy.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

To the OP, you did stop smoking didn't you? (how's that going anyways?) That will make a person eat more.

I found a very good way not to snack too much. Do not take the container of food with you when you sit down somewhere
it's just too tempting, especially with chips. Get a few and leave the bag in the kitchen, if you have to get back up you're less like to eat a bunch.

The other alternative is having someone else in the house that will eat it all, in this case cookies, before you get to eat more than two or three.
Yup! I have still had a random smoke here and there, but I'm talking like 1 in two weeks time. Its not perfect yet, but much better and I'm getting there a bit at a time. Sad thing is, I don't think that was related to the cookies at all, I think it was just out of boredom.

You're right, I should've never carried the roll with me in the first place!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

It happens...boyfriend got a sweet tooth last week. So we now have Edy's ice cream and cheesecake in the house in addition to all the chocolate left over from easter.

Then I have 1/2 bowl of hummus left in the fridge that I'm dying to eat but by the time I am able to eat it the pita bread is moldy.
Thats how sweets normally end up here too!! Josh gets a sweet tooth and we end up with a whole pantry full of junk that he never gets around to eating!

It would be a shame to let it waste.....

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Atta girl!

Sorry....I'm not helping am I?
Oh, well. Everyone needs a partner in crime!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Betcha can't eat just one!
lol, I am a cookie monster when it comes to chocolate chip cookies and oreos! I love the grandma's double chocolate chunk ones.
actually I love all cookies except not really oatmeal raisan! so I'll gladly take a couple.