I just got yelled at in the grocery store.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was standing in the checkout line, and a lady was at one of the deli cases (her back to me). She grabbed a plastic clamshell of about six precooked sausage rolls. Two of them fell and rolled on the floor, and a couple of others fell in the deli case.

I watched her as she picked them up, put them back in the clamshell, looked to each side to see if anybody was watching, and stuck them back in the deli case. I went to her and said, "I can take those for you, and give them to..." and motioned to the checkout, but she interrupted me, yelling,

"I AM NOT PUTTING THEM BACK IN THE CASE, AND I VERY MUCH RESENT THAT YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT I WOULD!"

And she stuck them in her basket and stormed off!

Lady, first of all, you already DID put them back in the case, I was one of at least three people who were watching, and secondly, I have a compromised immune system, and if I would buy something like that, it could kill me.

She was caught with her pants down, and didn't know how to pull them back up!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so funny!!!! And so gross....

I mean, it's not as though she's going to get in trouble for dropping them! I can't believe she put them back
Good on you for approaching her, she deserved it! I bet everyone who saw her had a good chuckle as well

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

You should have told her you were from Candid Camera

What's wrong with people anyway...Geez you got to be afraid to buy anything these days
SURPRISE! Your on Candid Camera!

Some people are just gross...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought she was going to slug me! She was livid!

This reinforces my practice of never grabbing the front (or top) of anything, I always get the second one, or get one from the back.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

This reinforces my practice of never grabbing the front (or top) of anything, I always get the second one, or get one from the back.
I'm the same way! I NEVER take anything from the front, I always take things from the very back- becuase of people like this!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I thought she was going to slug me! She was livid!

Yup - we do that too.

What a nut! But good thing you called her on it. So many people are afraid to speak up!

Laurie

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you for approaching her! That is just disgusting and gross!
I never take from the front or if the box is damaged. If she wasn't going to put them back why did she look around first to see if anyone was looking?
I think she is guilty as charged...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I didn't even (directly) accuse her. I really just offered my help...

I like the "You're on Candid Camera!" idea. I'll just point to one of the security cameras, and tell her to wave.

Misplaced anger, anyone?

BTW, the older I get, the easier it is to "call" people on things!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm the same way! I NEVER take anything from the front, I always take things from the very back- becuase of people like this!
hmm that funny if i drop stuff i always put it in the very back

just kidding of course, i dont hink it matters, i have seen people cough, in coats that looked like they rolled around in mud with strings hanging off of them to reach all to take stuff form the back, how they drag that coat over the food in front

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you got yelled at, but it's funny too! I always take things from a few back when I grocery shop...and clothes shop too! Doesn't matter to me if it's boxed stuff or cans even really. Some people are just sooo icky! Why do some people find it so hard to live up to their littlest mistakes?

That being said, last year I was shopping at Walmart and picking out grapes. Well I accidentally let a whole bunch fall because the bag they were in wasn't closed right. I had grapes rolling all over the place! They were in my cart, on the floor, just everywhere! But I picked them up! (Along with the poor produce guy who was near there!) I was embarrassed at the time but it's gotten much funnier now. I refer to it as 'my great grape roll!'

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, sheesh! So not only is this woman completely uninterested in the safety of others, she's also obnoxious. What an encounter!

You know how grocery store bakeries often have self-serve cabinets for rolls, muffins, cookies, that sort of thing? Well, last year at some grocery not far outside of Dallas, customers began noticing that the bakery case smelled bad. Eventually, through surveillance video, it was determined that a disgruntled man with some kind of grievance against the store was coming in regularly and sprinkling some powdery substance over the baked goods in the case. Chemical analysis revealed that the substance was his own dried poop.

Sometimes I just want to go back to subsistence farming and never never never trust anything I didn't grow myself...

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww thats gross. One time my dad was at the grocery store and he saw a guy (an older man not a kid) pop the top off of a cake in the bakery, take a fingerfull of frosting off it, and then reseal it and leave it there! Some people are absolutely disgusting!