help!

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
O.k. there is a baby crying nonstop. Azella keeps coming to me meowing. So i follow her in my room she jumps in the playpen. the baby goes towards her then she jumps out. I sat down on the bed , she can still see me. she then jumps back in. then i move out of her site(Laydown) she jumps back out. back and forth. All the while baby is still screaming. What does she want me to do. I can't go to the bathroom she follows me in there screaming at me.

Jenn

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is this just one kitten she is acting this way with? Does he look ok physically? Is she feeding him? Im thinking maybe she senses something is wrong with him, i could be soooo wrong though... If she isnt feeding him, I would say get some KMR and bottle feed that baby, and if this keeps up go to the vet first thing tomorrow!!

msgoody2shoes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she stays inside the playpen while you are in the room then why don't you stay inside the room so she can go inside the playpen and tend to him? I must be misunderstanding this post, I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes only one baby she acting this way with. he seems great sturdy body physicaly looks good. the baby did crawl to the other side of the playpen.
maybe she wanted me to move it back to the group. She calmed down. my husband turned on some soft music for her. exnay that i see her walking down the hallway.maybe i should just feed the baby?

Jenn

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- can you try to get Azella relaxed in with the kittens ? then maybe you could try to latch the kitten onto momas nipple to try to get him to feed
stay calm and talk/stroke Azella to keep her relaxed too - she is feeding ok ?

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by msgoody2shoes

If she stays inside the playpen while you are in the room then why don't you stay inside the room so she can go inside the playpen and tend to him? I must be misunderstanding this post, I guess.
Staying in there with her is not a problem for me. Azella keeps jumping in and out talking to me. I just have no idea what it is that she wants me to do.

Jenn

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

- can you try to get Azella relaxed in with the kittens ? then maybe you could try to latch the kitten onto momas nipple to try to get him to feed
stay calm and talk/stroke Azella to keep her relaxed to - she is feeding ok ?
she's feeding the babies fine. I think since this is her first litter(i'm Asumming)she alittle lost like me. we will get thru it. I think the way the baby was meowing just scared her maybe
jenn

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww well maybe she just so proud - she telling you about her new kittens
and what a great job she did ................

so this one whos crying is OK then, fed etc......

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cousins had some barn cats a while back that had better things to do than stay with their babies 24/7. So they (they meaning my cousins) would keep the babies warm, and then every two hours or so they would put her in a cat carrier with the babies to feedthem. And eventually she just did it on her own.She was cluleless since that was her first llitter. Some cats must not have the motherly instinct that others do.

So if this keeps up then yes, you could bottle feed him, or confine h im /her ot a cage with her to eat.
Do you know if any are males or females yet?or is it too early to know?

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
By any chance is that the runt of the litter or something?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has the little one settled? Is Azella ok with the kitties?