Today is a Very Sad Day!!

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, In the middle of the afternoon, my hubby called me outside. I went and immediately saw a huge bunch of feathers on the ground. I am missing 1 chicken and 3 ducks! I am so sad!! They never came home last night!

well first thing this morning, before i even woke up, hubby went out and scoured the whole property, 13acres, and there is no sign of them! they havent come home. The 3 remaining Ducks are wandering around completely lost, they have never been seperated since Hatching. I am not sure how this is going to affect them. The 3 missing ducks include, my Crested girl Sweetpea, my Cayauga Drake waddles, and My Cayuga girl ebony! The missing Chicken is my Ancona Girl Frannie.

Sweetpea

waddles

Ebony

Frannie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well unfortunately I think the predator is my neighbors dogs! I have chassed them out of my yard, numerous times, for chasing my birds! They are always loose, and their owner seems to not care. When I told my neighbor about it, he told me to just shoot the dogs!! WTH??? why would someone say that?

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WHAT THE HECK?! anyone who doesn't care about their dogs to the extent that they don't care if their dog DIES shouldn't be allowed to have dogs! ack this makes me angry...

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh Im so so sorry to hear that.We were all enjoying seeing yr photos and you obviously treasure yr feathered creatures-thats awful to have happened.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

WHAT THE HECK?! anyone who doesn't care about their dogs to the extent that they don't care if their dog DIES shouldn't be allowed to have dogs! ack this makes me angry...
I agree!!
Arghgh..

I am so sorry you have lost these beautiful creatures.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe it was a coyote. If I were you I'd be wary if neigbors dogs are going after your ducks and chickens loose dogs can sometimes form packs just like wolves out in the wild and once they taste blood can be very dangerous. You need to call animal control, or the shelter.