Bottle Baby!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I brought home a bottle baby today. Her name is Jade....maybe 2-3 weeks old. Eyes open. Anyways....she hasn't pooped yet. I tried rubbing her bum under running water, rubbing her bum with a warm wet cloth....& begging.

What else can I try? I'm not yet worried as it's only been like 8 hours.....if she hasn't gone by tomorrow I'm going to have to either pay myself to take her to the vet to have them get her to poop or drive all the way to the shelter.

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im sorry i dont have any good advice but just wanted to say well done you for taking on the responsibility for this little baby. Its a lovely thing you are doing.

Emma x x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I posted pics of Jade in Fur Pics!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I knew that you were planning on getting one or two. So what are you carrying her around in? I bet shes really cute, and i love her name.

When i had mine that i bottle fed, he went to the bathroom just fine. Maybe she doesn't have too yet. If she hasn't by tomorrow I would defintly call the vet or the shelter. Has she peed yet?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She pooped for me after her 6 pm feading!!!

I've got her in a 10 Gal Rubbermaid tote. She can't climb out & at this point, that is all the space she needs. I snuggled with her on the couch today....& now I have a kitten hickey on my arm.
She kept suckling....& kneading....& purring.....& then she bit me.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw, that is just adorable. are you seriously going to just foster her and adopt her out. . . with that kind of bonding i couldn't

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

aw, that is just adorable. are you seriously going to just foster her and adopt her out. . . with that kind of bonding i couldn't
I have to. She's a girl & I cannot do that to Ophelia again. Or to Jade. Ophelia vs. a 6 week kitten....Ophelia would win, no doubt. And Ophelia was not receptive to the smell of kitten last night!

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it took my last battle baby awhile to poop. The vet told me to add a little karo syrup to his KMR, and he pooped shortly after, so I guess it work. I just added about a drop to one feeding.