KatKwiz #17 - Who wants free points?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do of course.

How would you go about making a list of every thread you have started in the last six months, with the most viewed threads at the top of the list

The standard 200 points for this one. Please read the rules if you have not played before by clicking on the link below the siggy.

Special Announcement!!!
Anzac day is coming! KatKwiz from time to time offers extra ways for our members to make points. We have bonus days with varying amounts of points over the standard 200 points, anywhere up to 1000, we have Newbie Days in which newer members can earn 1000 points, and then we have special days just to offer certain selected members more ways of making points, up to 1000 points. Most of the time, these special days will be secret, you will not receive advance notice, you will have to open the post to see if anything special is going on that day. But since KatKwiz is just getting started, we will be giving advance notice for a while. For instance, I have already announced when the next bonus day is so will not do so again. If you do not know, you will need to open the post every day. But why not open it every day anyway and learn valuable information about the site we all know is the best: The Cat Site! And besides, winning 200 points is nothing to sneeze at.

Here is the next way that you can make 1000 points on KatKwiz: On Anzac Day, if you live in the appropiate country and are the first to answer the question correctly, you will receive 1000 points! Normally, KatKwiz never divulges when the next KatKwiz will be posted but in this case we want to make sure that our members in the appropriate countries have an equal chance so on Anzac Day, KatKwiz will be posted between 7and 9 a.m. Sydney time. Good Luck!

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I don't know. If there is a way then I will have learnt something new about the site or maybe I just don't understand the question.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would click on your username in this thread and get "View Public profile" in the menu that comes down, first option. and then in the user profile under "Forum Info" click "Find all threads started by Zissou'sMom" and they are automatically sorted by date and time.
Or, you can start by clicking on "Members List" in the head bar thing and then search for your own name, click on your name for the profile, and then it is the same as above.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

You would click on your username in this thread and get "View Public profile" in the menu that comes down, first option. and then in the user profile under "Forum Info" click "Find all threads started by Zissou'sMom" and they are automatically sorted by date and time.
Or, you can start by clicking on "Members List" in the head bar thing and then search for your own name, click on your name for the profile, and then it is the same as above.
thats what I would do too
so looks like ZissousMom has the points - unless theres a quicker we are gonna learn about

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

How would you go about making a list of every thread you have started in the last six months, with the most viewed threads at the top of the list
I don't know the answer either. I know how to do it in a single forum, but not for every thread and not for 6 months.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't read the question right... so it's not sorted by date. But you can't click the thing that says "Views" at the top and change the sorting at least in my browser so I have no idea then

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would click on Search, Advanced Search, Search by User name.

I would then type in my username and use the drop down menu to select "find threads started by user"

Then in find posts at the bottom I would select the date "From Six Months Ago"

And then sort the result by "Number of Views" in "Descending Order"

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

I would then type in my username and use the drop down menu to select "find threads started by user"

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I didn't read the question right... so it's not sorted by date. But you can't click the thing that says "Views" at the top and change the sorting at least in my browser so I have no idea then
..............oh well I thought it was right

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

Congratulations! You are the KatKwiz Whiz of the day!

Very good! Perhaps I should have saved this one for a bonus day! Anyway folks, this is a very useful tool and now you know how to use it. It is great fun to go find out what your most popular post of all time was!!

See you on KatKwiz #18!