Vibes for Charlie please

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I got home a couple of hours ago to see Charlie curled up on the couch, mum told me she heard a big fight last night (i've been at Tristans for the weekend). This is most probably those
cats behind us who are NOT registered or spayed, as Jasmine was in last night, and shes never caused Charlie injury, they just have little nips. Now i completely freaked out. Apart from tiny scratches on ears and noses, the last time a cat was injured was too far back for me to remember.

He has a small wound above his front paw, and one behind his back leg where the tendons are above his ankle. Mum said it only looks a little worse because the fur is wet after she cleaned it, but the wound on the back leg looks dark, like it is deep. He was hiding under the porch and took them some coaxing to get him in. He meowed when she picked him up, he didn't eat any food (he ALWAYS comes at feeding times and eats, and sometimes eats Jazzys food if he thinks he can get away with it). Mum said he was walking around today outside just fine, but seeing him curled up on the couch he coudln't rest on his front paw, and he tried stretching his arm out but stopped halfway. He didn't even purr when i cuddled and scratched him gently. I know the logic part goes out the window when my baby has been harmed, and it might not be very serious. But i have never seen this behaviour before and i'm really worried. I even called up Tristan once he got back home and bawled my eyes out to him. He reassured me that the behaviour was normal, because Timmy got seriousely injured a few months ago.

I'm sorry im ranting. Ive had cats my whole life, but Charlie is my first baby and i dont remember too far back if any of our past cats got injured like this.

Can i just ask for thoughts and vibes, that tomorrow he will be better and hopefully eat something, and will heal up? Thank you.

He's stretched out on my bed now as it's after 9 so hopefully he will sleep with me. And he was purring, but it's really hard for him to get comfortable as it's a back and front leg on opposite sides.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww the poor sweetie - well give that boy some special tummy rubs from us

Lots of feel better soon (((((((
vibes
))))))) whizzing for sweet Charlie

Just keep your eye on his walking, you might need to get him to the vets for a checkover

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, I couldn't handle seeing Trout all mucked up like that..poor Charlie. I hope they are superficial wounds and he will be okay

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
for Charlie. Keep an eye on him, and take him to a vet at the first sign of any inflammation. Jamie has dome some damage to other cats, and a cat bite can really become infected fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys. I just got home from shopping. Dad had to hold Charlie down for me because he was so whiny and tried to bite me, which hasn't happened in the whole 8 years ive had him. There was more of a reaction for the front leg than the bag. It might be bruised too, it's not a very big wound. He's eating and walking around but he is so desperate to get out!

I really want to go to the neighbours and punch their lights out for having unregistered un-neutered cats

Dad is a
and says Charlie gets involved in too many fights and he is very scared etc. Well if a cat picks on him, he is too nice to harm them back. Hes just a sensitive cat. And that's because even though we only got him at about 4 months old, he already had a previous owner, and i think they caused him to be afraid of sudden movement and loud noises etc.

God i'm itching for a fight

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What did the vet say? I could be wrong, but those sound like more significant injuries than those that could be caused by another cat. Do you live in the country or is there a stray dog around? Maybe I'm underestimating.

Anyway, sending vibes to Charlie.
Such a sweet boy doesn't deserve to get beaten up! Hopefully he got in a few swipes himself. Keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Oh my goodness! What did the vet say? I could be wrong, but those sound like more significant injuries than those that could be caused by another cat. Do you live in the country or is there a stray dog around? Maybe I'm underestimating.

Anyway, sending vibes to Charlie.
Such a sweet boy doesn't deserve to get beaten up! Hopefully he got in a few swipes himself. Keep us updated!
It's only been a day so we are seeing how he is going. If he isn't improving we'll take him tomorrow or wednesday. No stray dogs that ive seen and we're in the suburbs. I think that another cats must or clamped his teeth onto charlies leg, it would explain the pain from such a tiny wound.