It's raining! It's raining! It's raining!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AT LAST!!! Some rain in our desperate, desperate state.

It's been seven hours and its bucketing - has not stopped bucketing, not a sign of drizzle, just pouring down. It's almost as though someone up there's remembered that it's supposed to rain in April and is making up for lost time. I want to cry it's raining so much. It beautiful!!

I took the dogs out for their run earlier and there were people everywhere! Just outside, standing in the rain, faces upturned - nobody can believe it! It is just pouring and pouring like it's making up for all of our weeks and months of dryness.

I have all the windows open and am sitting here at my desk just listening to it thunder down. I'm wet to the skin and I don't care! IT'S RAINING!

My garden will get a drink, my flowers will stand up tall, our farmers and their crops and cattle will get wet, wet, wet (I hope it's raining as hard for them).

This will be the first night in months and months that I can have a shower without feeling guilty and watching the timer.

Ahhhh beautiful, sweet, life-giving rain!! Thank God!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have tons of rain too, my sump pump id pumping like crazy. Unfortunately this much rain at one time will result in flooding and runoff, the ground can't use it all at one time. Plus it is COLD here. I like a rainy day though, it will be rainy here for the next three days. Hope the sump pump can handle it.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about enjoying much needed rain..We are also in drought conditions here, and when it does rain it is such a blessing..More continued rains for you..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's 11 at night and it's STILL going! Pouring! It's getting thundery now too - just at bed time! I love to snuggle down during a storm. And rain has been forecast for the whole week!

This is so wonderful. I just hope and pray that the farmers are getting this. They need it so much more than we do, and we need it desperately.

I just hope that if they are getting it, it's not too much for them, because that would just be awful. They don't need flooding or too much rain, and it's really, really coming down hard.

Keeping my fingers
for all the farmers!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear the drought has broken! If there was a way to send you some of our rain, I would!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow that's awesome!!! I hear most of Australia is at level 5 water restrictions

I just hope the rain isn't washing away all the much needed topsoil for the farmers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Glad to hear the drought has broken! If there was a way to send you some of our rain, I would!
Thank you!
Although, the drought hasn't broken, sadly it will take much, much more than this to achieve that, but I do hope with all my heart that this is the start of a turnaround.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow that's awesome!!! I hear most of Australia is at level 5 water restrictions

I just hope the rain isn't washing away all the much needed topsoil for the farmers!
Yes, Queensland are the worst right now on Level 5, Victoria and the ACT Level 4, here in Western Australia we're better at Level 2 but these are permanent - even with no drought WA will always have water restrictions no matter what.

However, we had the ENTIRE April average (40mm) yesterday in eight hours. That's wonderful but it's also another example of the strangeness and unpredictability of the weather in general these days. So what you say about the farmers' topsoil....well

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've described it beautifully, that joyous relief when the skies finally open up after a long drought. I have literally danced in the street when rain finally falls. Thank you for sharing your downpour with us!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! It's all cloudy out here now, so i hope we get some more. Tristans dam finally filled up after being bone dry for a couple of months but it went down quite a bit this weekend, it was unsually warm. It's autumn, bring on the cold!! Meh and we had burn offs in the Mount Dandy ranges and the sky was horrid for a couple of weeks

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fantastic!
I'm so glad!

I LOVE rain.

I recognize you, Ruby, and Chester from a dog forum!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you're getting the rain, too! We were reading about how bad it is Australia just last night. Hopefully this is the start of a much-needed turnaround for you.

Unfortunately, we're getting a little more than needed just now. At over 7 inches of rain yesterday, it is the 2nd most amount of rain in one day since they began recording it in Central Park (in New York City). So many roads are closed around here due to flooding. Our sump pumps are struggling! There's no let up yet, it's supposed to keep going for at least the next day or more, and now comes the wind.....

I, too, wish we could send some of this your way!

Laurie