Planet Earth

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone watching this incredible show?

I used to watch a lot of documentaries as a kid, and it's amazing to see how far we've progressed in technology to be able to capture the beauty of nature in the way this show does. I'm so thrilled that someone is finally using the same equipment for high-budget action films to show the world how beautiful our planet is.

I know I will be buying the DVD set as a gift for several people I know.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As soon as I saw the first episode of it I ordered the whole series. I can't believe some of the camera shots they get. The episode called "Mountains" is my favorite. They get unbelievable footage of a snow leopard in their natural habitat.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always loved David Attenborough's nature documentaries. Beautiful images presented by someone who understands and loves the world he's describing. I remember watching The Living Planet as a child (his second series I think - Life on Earth being the first) and loving that. If you've not seen any of his others do try to get hold of them. Blue Planet is stunning but my personal favourites are The Trials of Life (focussing on animal behaviour) and Life in the Freezer (life in Antarctica).

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love this show. i can't wait to order it. i watch it all the time on HD discovery theater

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last weekend they ran back to back what has already been aired and I just sat and watched everyone of them..Simply amazing and beautiful. It is also interesting to watch at the end to see how they were able to get the footage for the program..It has taken years to obtain all of it..My kids and I are hooked.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

As soon as I saw the first episode of it I ordered the whole series.
Where can you order it? We don't get cable but I'd love to have the DVD.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Anyone watching this incredible show?

I used to watch a lot of documentaries as a kid, and it's amazing to see how far we've progressed in technology to be able to capture the beauty of nature in the way this show does. I'm so thrilled that someone is finally using the same equipment for high-budget action films to show the world how beautiful our planet is.

I know I will be buying the DVD set as a gift for several people I know
I have been thinking about getting an HD recorder for some time, this show may be the show that gets me to do so.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched most of it. It`s finnished over here now. Didn`t like the young elephant getting killed but I guess that`s nature for you.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I saw the footage of the Great White shark jumping out of the water; they used that super high speed camera, then slowed it down, OMG! I was shouting sh*t, omg how'd they do that?
I wish I had one of those fancy tv's, but even without everything comes across beautifully!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have cable but I've caught some footage of the show. It's absolutely amazing and I would definitely buy it on TV if I had the chance.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh I will have to get the dvd won't I?

I saw the Blue Planet and I couldn't handle the scenes with the orcas. I don't like them anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can order the DVD set from Discovery.com, but it's much cheaper off of Amazon.com.

I have to agree about that shark footage. The thing was completely out of the water as if he was suspended mid air by cables. Can you imagine the amount of muscle it takes to get something that weighs well over a ton that far out of the water?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

i love this show. i can't wait to order it. i watch it all the time on HD discovery theater
Almost makes it worth the cost of an HD TV. I swear I can look up at my HD receiver box and it always tells me that this program is coming in at the same resolution as other HD programs. OK, then why does it look so much better? Does anybody else notice this?