TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Planet Earth
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Planet Earth

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Anyone watching this incredible show?

I used to watch a lot of documentaries as a kid, and it's amazing to see how far we've progressed in technology to be able to capture the beauty of nature in the way this show does. I'm so thrilled that someone is finally using the same equipment for high-budget action films to show the world how beautiful our planet is.

I know I will be buying the DVD set as a gift for several people I know.
post #2 of 18
As soon as I saw the first episode of it I ordered the whole series. I can't believe some of the camera shots they get. The episode called "Mountains" is my favorite. They get unbelievable footage of a snow leopard in their natural habitat.
post #3 of 18
I LOVE this show! Just LOVE it!
post #4 of 18
I've always loved David Attenborough's nature documentaries. Beautiful images presented by someone who understands and loves the world he's describing. I remember watching The Living Planet as a child (his second series I think - Life on Earth being the first) and loving that. If you've not seen any of his others do try to get hold of them. Blue Planet is stunning but my personal favourites are The Trials of Life (focussing on animal behaviour) and Life in the Freezer (life in Antarctica).
post #5 of 18
i love this show. i can't wait to order it. i watch it all the time on HD discovery theater
post #6 of 18
Last weekend they ran back to back what has already been aired and I just sat and watched everyone of them..Simply amazing and beautiful. It is also interesting to watch at the end to see how they were able to get the footage for the program..It has taken years to obtain all of it..My kids and I are hooked.
post #7 of 18
It's a wonderful show...just amazing
post #8 of 18
I am learning to like that show DH loooves it! I was watching it with him the other night.
post #9 of 18
I just love documentaries like that- they are always so interesting!
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl View Post
As soon as I saw the first episode of it I ordered the whole series.
Where can you order it? We don't get cable but I'd love to have the DVD.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
Anyone watching this incredible show?

I used to watch a lot of documentaries as a kid, and it's amazing to see how far we've progressed in technology to be able to capture the beauty of nature in the way this show does. I'm so thrilled that someone is finally using the same equipment for high-budget action films to show the world how beautiful our planet is.

Quote:
I know I will be buying the DVD set as a gift for several people I know
.
I have been thinking about getting an HD recorder for some time, this show may be the show that gets me to do so.
post #12 of 18
I watched most of it. It`s finnished over here now. Didn`t like the young elephant getting killed but I guess that`s nature for you.
post #13 of 18
When I saw the footage of the Great White shark jumping out of the water; they used that super high speed camera, then slowed it down, OMG! I was shouting sh*t, omg how'd they do that?
I wish I had one of those fancy tv's, but even without everything comes across beautifully!
post #14 of 18
I don't have cable but I've caught some footage of the show. It's absolutely amazing and I would definitely buy it on TV if I had the chance.
post #15 of 18
Ohh I will have to get the dvd won't I?

I saw the Blue Planet and I couldn't handle the scenes with the orcas. I don't like them anymore.
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
You can order the DVD set from Discovery.com, but it's much cheaper off of Amazon.com.

I have to agree about that shark footage. The thing was completely out of the water as if he was suspended mid air by cables. Can you imagine the amount of muscle it takes to get something that weighs well over a ton that far out of the water?
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovia View Post
i love this show. i can't wait to order it. i watch it all the time on HD discovery theater
Almost makes it worth the cost of an HD TV. I swear I can look up at my HD receiver box and it always tells me that this program is coming in at the same resolution as other HD programs. OK, then why does it look so much better? Does anybody else notice this?
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
You can order the DVD set from Discovery.com, but it's much cheaper off of Amazon.com.
Thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Planet Earth