My pinky finger is messed up

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's sprained or jammed to be precise! Fosters and I were playing earlier when he accidently bent my pinky finger on my right hand 1/2 way back
it hurts like all get out!!!!
I'm going to soak it in some warm water in a little while to see if it helps. I REALLY don't need a messed up finger right now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Eek! Hope it feels better soon! Is it swollen?
oh yeah, it's starting to swell up big time. it is really sore! it's definitely not a break (thankfully! haha i know what those feel like unfortunately- can you tell i've broken fingers before
) but it's definitely sprained or jammed- it's hurting really bad.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh yeah, it's starting to swell up big time. it is really sore! it's definitely not a break (thankfully! haha i know what those feel like unfortunately- can you tell i've broken fingers before
) but it's definitely sprained or jammed- it's hurting really bad.
I've jammed just about every one of my fingers in high school - I was in volleyball - the setter - so unfortunately that comes with it!
So I feel your pain! It sounds like a sprain moreso than a jam tho- since you bent it all the way back

It makes me hurt just thinking about it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I've jammed just about every one of my fingers in high school - I was in volleyball - the setter - so unfortunately that comes with it!
So I feel your pain! It sounds like a sprain moreso than a jam tho- since you bent it all the way back

It makes me hurt just thinking about it!
Ouch! I feel ya- i did just about every sport in high school - cheerleading and tumbling and dance were the WORST on my fingers- i have broken/ sprianed/ or jammed every single finger at least once
This is starting to feel like a sprain- not a jam. (some sprains hurt worse than breaks so that's just super
) It's really starting to swell- i can't bend it well at all. I'm hoping it goes down soon. It's really hard to type on the pc so i can post on TCS with it like this

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUCH!! That is painful..You may try to tape it to your next finger with a bandaid for a short time to keep you from using it..The pain may subside sooner that way...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

OUCH!! That is painful..You may try to tape it to your next finger with a bandaid for a short time to keep you from using it..The pain may subside sooner that way...
Thankyou for the tip!!! I'm going to soak it in some warm water in a bit so after that i will tape them together to see if it helps!!!
Thanks!!! I need to do something! It hurts really bad....geesh! Who knew pinky fingers could be soo painful!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thankyou for the tip!!! I'm going to soak it in some warm water in a bit so after that i will tape them together to see if it helps!!!
Thanks!!! I need to do something! It hurts really bad....geesh! Who knew pinky fingers could be soo painful!
You may also want to use ice first since it is swelling. Sometimes the swelling hurts more than the injury. Also start taking Advil (ibuprofen) or Aleve (naproxin) to help to relieve the pain and swelling..Just suggestions.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you hurt yourself. I do know that heat is the worse thing you can do. IT may make it feel better but it will NOT help with the swelling. Ice it. I found a few links for you that will help you with treating it.

Link 1

http://www.ehow.com/how_3369_treat-jammed-finger.html

Link 2

http://www.mcgill.ca/studenthealth/i...ealth/sprains/

Link 3

http://health.yahoo.com/topic/emerge...lthwise/aa1232

Link 4

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/displa...raph.php?MID=7

They all say about the same thing. Ice every 20 min. or so. Tape it so it stays imobal. Ibuprophin for swelling. I hope one of these works for you. Take care of that finger.

Sending {{{vibes}}} to get better.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

You may also want to use ice first since it is swelling. Sometimes the swelling hurts more than the injury. Also start taking Advil (ibuprofen) or Aleve (naproxin) to help to relieve the pain and swelling..Just suggestions.
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I am sorry you hurt yourself. I do know that heat is the worse thing you can do. IT may make it feel better but it will NOT help with the swelling. Ice it. I found a few links for you that will help you with treating it.

Link 1

http://www.ehow.com/how_3369_treat-jammed-finger.html

Link 2

http://www.mcgill.ca/studenthealth/i...ealth/sprains/

Link 3

http://health.yahoo.com/topic/emerge...lthwise/aa1232

Link 4

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/displa...raph.php?MID=7

They all say about the same thing. Ice every 20 min. or so. Tape it so it stays imobal. Ibuprophin for swelling. I hope one of these works for you. Take care of that finger.

Sending {{{vibes}}} to get better.
Thanks ladies! Glad ya'll said something about ice before i went and soaked it!
Thankyou for the links too!!
I took some Aleve a minute ago soi 'm hoping it kicks in soon! This little finger hurts sooooooo bad! Fosters did a number on it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's definitely sprained
I can see a lovely little bruise starting to pop up
Those links were really helpfull though, especially the first one with the little video, so i'm going to follow those instructions and hope it heals soon. Just to note- the aleve has not kicked in yet

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you need liquid painkiller aka alcohol???? Do you have popsicle sticks that you can tape you finger to?? Never mind that might make it worse. What I always have on hand is Vetrap-which I by at a store that sells farm supplies-its stretchy like an ace bandage but stick to itself (comes in lots of colors) That would work get for some support. BTW don't ice for more than 20 minutes at a time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Maybe you need liquid painkiller aka alcohol???? Do you have popsicle sticks that you can tape you finger to?? Never mind that might make it worse. What I always have on hand is Vetrap-which I by at a store that sells farm supplies-its stretchy like an ace bandage but stick to itself (comes in lots of colors) That would work get for some support. BTW don't ice for more than 20 minutes at a time.
hummmm....
now that you mention it....i do have some delightful liquid painkillers hiding in my refridgerator!
i actually do have a ton of Vetrap hanging around the house so i'll use that to wrap it with!!!
Thankyou for the suggestion! Who knew a pinky could hurt soo much! This little thing is killin me!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys! i just wrapped it up so i'm hoping that helps. haha now i'm having a hard time typing!
i told fosters that next time he wants to sprain mommy's finger he needs to get the left hand since i don't write with that one
he just had a confused look on his face and gave me doggie kissies

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ack! I hope it gets better soon..It could just be sore..maybe tomorrow it will be better
thanks natalie
it's DEFINITELY messed up now - i looked under the bandage a minute ago to see even more bruising- Nice!
So i think it's definitely sprained or something. I'm hoping it gets better before tomorrow because on Sundays, i clean/feed/medicate the entire shelter shelter by myself-it will be hard to do with my hand hurting. lol, last time I dance around the house like an idiot playing with Fosters

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today the whole thing is swollen and bruised so i guess that's not good. I went out and got a splint for it- the taping it to my other finger idea just wasn't working!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think its broken??? Not much a doc can do anyhow -just splint it.
Are you still icing it??