I hate being short....

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only 5', and it is very annoying when you have to use a kitchen chair or climb onto the counter tops to get something from the higher shelves. Or when you have to sit on the bathroom vanity because you are too short to see in the mirror.

But at least now I have something to show for it!

I was blowing a raspberry to my sister at the time, so don't mind that.

Now if it only came in an x-small.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad...I'm only 5'1 and I have a hard time reaching for stuff in the lab all the time.
You should see me in the grocery store...I step on the bottom shelf in order to reach something on the top shelf and it's usually all the way in the back..
I love that shirt! Yeah, the shirts are usually too big also. lol

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to try and find myself one of those shirts...I'm only 5 feet tall too!
Thank God my Husband is VERY tall, he does come in handy for getting things out of the top cupboards.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 5'4" and I hate it because I NEVER see guys my height, they're always taller. So I feel inferior...usually girls are taller than me too! I made it marrying someone barely my height. Though to be honest, I prefer shorter. It makes me feel like I'm not so short

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh...I feel like a moose in this thread! I'm on the other end of the spectrum at 5'8".....but the only person I ever rub in being short is the HS president because she is....I seriously need to get her that shirt!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Gosh...I feel like a moose in this thread! I'm on the other end of the spectrum at 5'8".....but the only person I ever rub in being short is the HS president because she is....I seriously need to get her that shirt!!
I'm not short either Natalie - I'm 5'7"!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I was blowing a raspberry to my sister at the time, so don't mind that.

Now if it only came in an x-small.
Raspberries are good 2 go.
You look cute.

I'm only 5'8", which is short for men, but it doesn't bother me.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Raspberries are good 2 go.
You look cute.

I'm only 5'8", which is short for men, but it doesn't bother me.
I'd LOVE to be 5'8"
So I guess 5'4" for a guy is midget?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hate being short too! I work in surgery, and all of the doctors are pretty tall (well heck, when you're 5'2", everyone is tall!) I always need to stand on a lift to be able to do my job. Of course, they always put the adjustable lights way out of my reach so I can never get the light handles off at the end of the case. I'm always whining about that. When I get teased about being vertically challanged, I just say that I exceed the minimum hight requirements for the job....I frequently work with a surgical tech who is only 4'11" (and she can't reach the light handles either
)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 5'2". my mom is 4'11".
I have size 8 (US) shoes, my mom has size 5 (US) shoes.
We tease her all the time by buying those little novelty keychains with various shoe types in miniature on them

Be short isn't all bad.
There's a lot of things we can just walk under where average people would have to duck

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

So I guess 5'4" for a guy is midget?
As my short cousin says....being 5'4" for a guy makes you charming! You're more unique that way...besides that....all those other guys have their heads in the clouds!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

As my short cousin says....being 5'4" for a guy makes you charming! You're more unique that way...besides that....all those other guys have their heads in the clouds!
So then I guess my head is in the fog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have size 5 shoes too

I pretty much have to shop in the kids department, because nothing ever fits me. But I have put on some weight and went up from size 00 to 0

My whole family is 'petite' though everyone is still taller than me, other than my youngest sister. She's like 4'8 at 12 years old. my other sister, who is 16 is 5'3 and my mum is 5'4. brother (23) is 5'10. So the family is pretty much cursed with the short gene

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SSmith0385

That shirt is hilarious...where did you find it??
my mum bought it from a store called Giant Tiger. I think it may be only Canadian store though. It's sorta like a walmart but cheaper. The shirt was only like $6.. but who cares.