Oh, those pretty baby blues!

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So...I *somehow* ended up at the local Petsmart today. (Can't IMAGINE how that happened!
) I looked at the kittens up for adoption and I was absolutely STUNNED by a gorgeous russian blue mix kitty.
He was breathtaking, and I would guess probably purebred (though listed as a mix because no papers exist). Hopes high, I went in to interact with him. After 30 minutes or so of patiently trying to coax him into interaction, I reluctantly gave up.
He is TERRIFIED of people. I am still a little sad... it was hard to leave him there. But everyone who walked by talked about how gorgeous he was so I am hoping that someone with more experience than me with special needs kitties will be able to adopt him, bring him out of his shell, and enjoy him as a wonderful companion. Alas...the search goes on...

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime I go into Petsmart I always head straight for the adoptions place first, and I am always sorry that I did because I want to take all of them home...I hope your search goes better for you..

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't you think maybe he was being shy just because of the situation? I would think that the kitties would come out of their shell after a couple of days at home. I don't know that much about them though. I got mine from the animal shelter, and I know they act much different now than they did there.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My russian blue mix Natasha took a little while to warm up. Now she is a lovebug. Sits on my lap, cries when I don't pet her enough.

Apparently this breed is known for being shy at first. You might want to give this guy a second chance.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

My russian blue mix Natasha took a little while to warm up. Now she is a lovebug. Sits on my lap, cries when I don't pet her enough.

Apparently this breed is known for being shy at first. You might want to give this guy a second chance.
I second that

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stoli would be exactly the same way....he's not shy around DH or i but is still terrified of guests. i guess we don't have guests over often enough

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Oh, you should go back and adopt him!!! He's probably just shy and scared from being locked in a cage on display! I know I would be.
at least go back and have another look at him

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

I say go back!!
Ya never know, he will most likely come outta his shell. I bet he was just scared!!

Best of luck to ya!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, go back!!! I grew up with a Russian Blue, and he was terrified of everyone, except immediate family that he saw every day! With us, he was a sweetie!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will go back tomorrow and try again.... but I was really just torturing myself anyway. (looking at kitties before it's reasonable to do so) I move back home to Florida in a month and it would take alot of begging and creative management to find someone here in VA to keep him for me until then..and I'm sure that would be even more confusing for the poor kitty... I'll definitely do a double check right before I move though, to see if he's still there....

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As you can see Natasha is very friendly now. She isn't a cat you can just scoop up. But she is a loving sweet baby. Depends on what you want in a new kitty.[/IMG]