How Often do you get your...

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair cut????

Personally, I dislike getting my hair cut. It's been over a year (it was a year April 7th), but I am going to give in and get my mane cut for student teaching. *sigh* I am just not talented when it comes to hair styling.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only trust my hair stylist back home (2 hrs away) and I can only get to her on weekends, so unfortunately its every 2 months
I have shorter hair too so I HAVE to get in when I can. It sucks having no good stylists in my area, or ones that charge $40 for a haircut when I can go back home and get it done for $10.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had longish (shoulder length or so) hair during high school, but when I went to university, I just couldn't bear to spend money on haircutting. Plus, I like my hair long. So, I would go once a year and that became my habit. It's been almost a year for me.....
At this point, my hair is pretty much to my waist. It costs a lot to have styled and I just don't want anything that takes time in the morning, so I just get the split ends and edges cut off.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least 3-4 times a year, with my hair being so long and thick it was unmanageable if I didn't get it trimmed at least that many times.

Now that it is shorter I will probably go less, I just go when I think it needs cutting

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had long hair, and I've fallen into the habit of letting it go for six or eight months at a time -- but I just got it cut shoulder-length last month, and boy, was it an improvement! Lifted my whole look. I've pledged to take better care of it from now on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I had longish (shoulder length or so) hair during high school, but when I went to university, I just couldn't bear to spend money on haircutting. Plus, I like my hair long. So, I would go once a year and that became my habit. It's been almost a year for me.....
At this point, my hair is pretty much to my waist. It costs a lot to have styled and I just don't want anything that takes time in the morning, so I just get the split ends and edges cut off.
My hair is pretty much down to my waste/top of the butt right now, but it's so thick and wild. I have a hard time styling my hair because it is so thick and I had a bad experience with layers, so I'm not ready to go through with that yet. I'm just going to get 6 or 8 inches cut off next weekend.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it was long, once a year or so to get rid of the dead ends and whatnot.

But now with it being short, probably 3-4 times a year. It's not really short.. not quite to my shoulders now.

I just cut my bangs this evening because they were getting too long.

I need change with my hair, I get bored really easy. I was blonde for 3 years and that was long enough. Went red, but it faded too fast.. now it's a dark brown (with natural red tint to it
) and i love it.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With short, fine, straight hair I wear it short so I have to get it cut every 4-6 weeks..but I have a great hairdresser that only charges $12 for just a cut..

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say I cut my own hair every 2-3 months. It all depends on what the ends look like. I have a very hard time trusting others to cut my hair. I have curly hair so even if it is cut straight there are strands that spring more than others.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
about every 6-8 weeks for me to keep my ends from splitting and my layers looking nice. I just donated my hair to "locks of love" a few weeks ago so it's now a lot shorter than i'm used to. I love my stylist- he's soo sweet! And he ALWAYS makes me feel great everytime i go in for a hair cut. He's also reasonable on his price too so that is good
I will be growing my hair out again to donate for locks of love, so it is important to me to keep it nice and managable so i get it trimmed at least every 2 months to keep it from splitting. My hairs very thick and wavy, so it tangles/splits easy if i don't take care of it

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go about every 6 weeks. My hair dresser is like a part of our family
I've been going to see him for 10 years - since I was 16 years old. He styled my hair for all my homecomings and proms in HS and back in July he traveled with us 3 hours on fourth of july weekend to style my hair for my wedding!!

I don't like the fact that he charges $60 for a hair cut, but he knows my hair and I have VERY difficult thick, curly, layered hair. A good stylist is a must!!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do it every couple of months. I have long hair, but I like to keep the ends nice and fresh. I hate split ends.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally whenever I felt like it. I used to keep it in a ponytail all the time even at work. I finally got tired and decided I needed to try something different and something easy I could do. I love it now! So I probably should go once a month now to keep it at a managable length.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have long hair and no bangs, plus I don't really style my hair, as in blow-dry or curl or anything, so it stay very healthy, so I can get away with anywhere from 8 months to a year
my hair grows really really slow though too

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I actually got a hair cut/trim was August 2005, but on Wednesday I went in for a trim. My hair is still two feet long though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I actually got my hair cut was christmas break over a year ago... I cut my own hair usually. It's really not that hard, I've developed a system and I have such massive curly thick hair that it is very forgiving unless I try and do something ridiculous. I keep it pretty long although I recently decided I feel like having bangs for awhile and so now I do. That was harder to trim into a shape I liked.