Dry Heaving and Skin Problems *Help*

derka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Over the past few days my cat has been developing 2-3 open sores above her left eye and small little sometimes bloody bumps in the same area. These bumps are also developing under her chin.

She has also started dry heaving 2-3 times in 10-15 minutes. These "attacks" happen 1-3 times per day at random times during the day.

What is wrong with my cat? I have researched on the internet and have seen it could be an allergy for the skin, digestive problems for the heaving, and everything else.

Please Help!
Thanks!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid the most anyone here can tell you is to take her to the vet...today.

The itchy bumps could maybe wait until Monday, but dry heaves require some attention ASAP.

I have no idea what it could be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

derka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
good and bad news... Good news is she will be ok. Bad news, she is having a severe allergic reaction to something. Vet has informed us it is very hard to determine just what it is she is allergic to. She has to go get a shot every ten to fourteen days for awhile.

sangria14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was just diagnosed with a food allergy - scratched the heck out of his face (at the corners of his ears and his jaw) - just got a steroid shot. Normally the vet would rx one of the hypo-allergenic diets, but my vet is hesitant to do so until this recall nonsense quiets down. I switched his food and he felt much better. (He was getting nutro max cat until the day it went on the recall list - now he's on Wellness grain free wet food).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sangria14

My cat was just diagnosed with a food allergy - scratched the heck out of his face (at the corners of his ears and his jaw) - just got a steroid shot. Normally the vet would rx one of the hypo-allergenic diets, but my vet is hesitant to do so until this recall nonsense quiets down. I switched his food and he felt much better. (He was getting nutro max cat until the day it went on the recall list - now he's on Wellness grain free wet food).
ahh you likely have a wheat or rice allergy ... depending if you were feeding the PATE ( then it would be likely rice ) or the graveyed ones ( which have wheat and rice

sangria14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was feeding the lamb and turkey cutlets - it looked like little cubes. It was in a 3oz can - not in a pouch.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sangria14

I was feeding the lamb and turkey cutlets - it looked like little cubes. It was in a 3oz can - not in a pouch.
Most likely wheat