Mosi, I know I like you to eat raw meat but...

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather you didn't help yourself to the shopping, ok?

Been to do some food shopping this evening and after getting to the checkout realised I had no money on me
so had to come home to get it then go back to the shop to pay for it
Got there about 2 minutes before they closed so was a bit fed up and flustered by the time I got it all home. Left the bags in the hall while I put some stuff in the freezer and while my back was turned Mosi helped himself to a pack of 4 chicken breasts and took them into the bedroom and under the bed. By the time I realised he'd chewed through the packaging and put teeth marks in all 4
They weren't even cheap ones either - they were expensive free range chicken breasts and the pack cost over £10.

Looks like raw is going to be on the menu for my 2 this week! When I've forgiven the little monkey.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine have tried that move before but haven't actually gotten away with it yet
Someday, I'm sure that I'll be in your shoes
Diesel and Tucker like to sit under the cuttingboard waiting for meat scraps to fall while I'm re-packaging. We buy in bulk

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, you are certainly not the only one
Seems like the kitties know what the good stuff is, too.

Last year I left two rump steaks out to defrost (I usually put it in the microwave where the cats can;t get it but I was late taking it out of the freezer) and they ate one. We shared the second one for dinner and it was the best meat we had for some time. That should teach me, right ?

But no, a couple of weeks later I found Mimosa in one of my shopping bags, she had eaten right through the plastic of a package of beef mince, and she had made a nice big dent in it too !

I hope you learn faster than I do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Use Shake and Bake coating or make your own breading..no one will even notice the kitty tooth marks, lol
Great idea!

Mosi has been food thief before so I really should know better by now but I didn't think he'd discover the meat and get it out of the bag in the short time I was out of sight. He's obviously very discerning as he took the expensive chicken and left the cheap mince

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's a Somali ! Expect anything and expect it fast
(that's how it is with Flynn anyway)

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You Are aware that Somalis are just Long Haired Abys right??? Expensive tastes seem to be in their genetic make up!!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little bugger!! LOL

Silly question---can cats not get salmonella poisoning from eating raw poultry?
Maybe not but I had to ask...

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

What a little bugger!! LOL

Silly question---can cats not get salmonella poisoning from eating raw poultry?
Maybe not but I had to ask...
Cats are designed to handle raw prey. They have a very acidic stomach and a short digestive tract (it doesn't give any nasty bacteria time to set up shop).

I've heard of cases of salmonellosis in cats and dogs, but those involved cats wih a compromised immunesystem due to some other illness. I've fed my cats exclusively raw (ok, and the occasional can) for two years and they have never been healthier.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mimosa

Cats are designed to handle raw prey. They have a very acidic stomach and a short digestive tract (it doesn't give any nasty bacteria time to set up shop).

I've heard of cases of salmonellosis in cats and dogs, but those involved cats wih a compromised immunesystem due to some other illness. I've fed my cats exclusively raw (ok, and the occasional can) for two years and they have never been healthier.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing