Bought a Cat Stroller

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do cats like walks?? I took my cat out once to see what would happen, and it was a horrible experience. All of the other cats I have ever had were indoor/outdoor, but the ones I have now are strictly indoor. She FREAKED out when I took her out. They always look out the window like they want out...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

Do cats like walks?? I took my cat out once to see what would happen, and it was a horrible experience. All of the other cats I have ever had were indoor/outdoor, but the ones I have now are strictly indoor. She FREAKED out when I took her out. They always look out the window like they want out...
I'm not sure if Sebastian will like it or not. He was indoor/outdoor for the first 10 years of his life and has been indoor only for the last year or so. I know he loves the outdoors still even though he only sees a courtyard from a 3rd story apartment window.
If I had a larger place with birdfeeders and scenery he could enjoy, I probably wouldn't try this but I want to do it if it will make him happier. Or, I could just be odd

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Seb likes his stroller! It can always be used as a pet carrier e.g. to vets if he doesnt like it for general strolls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be perfectly honest, I cannot wait for the first time someone leans down to oggle the "baby".

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

To be perfectly honest, I cannot wait for the first time someone leans down to oggle the "baby".
That reminds me of the 1st time I saw one (I didn't know they had them). A woman in a store was pushing one around; naturally, I assumed a human baby was in the stroller. I bent down, ready to ogle, then got a shock: it was a white chihauha dog! The funny thing was, I could kind of see something laying down, like a baby, through the mesh at a distance; then I thought it was a very hairy, ugly human baby!

I have a double-decker one, but I've been waiting since September for H to fully assemble it; now I can't find the parts. I do sometimes take it out to the deck with 1 cat in the top. As I don't let my guys outside (to keep the fleas down--Jasmine is very allergic to them), this way, they can get fresh air. I haven't had enough guts to wheel it around the neighborhood yet--and it's PINK! (That was the cheapest color on eBay.). I wish I had bought the 1 I saw last night--the top actually removes to become a carrier & car seat, and the whole thing can fold up in the car (I bought mine thinking it folded up--I wanted it to transport my gang to the vet, as I like to batch them together in order to get the discount.) Mine is kind of flimsy.

MargeCat

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Must be cat stroller day. I just saw one at Foster Smith and posted a link. But as usual, no replies.

I think these are really neat.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want a cat stroller, and I would not be embarrased to take it out.

What FUN it must be to take the cats for a walk in a *Pink Stroller*.

People who saw me would think "There is the crazy lady again, look, she is taking her cats for a walk and now she's laughing to herself."

Laughing to myself because under the mesh and above the wheels there is a beautiful fur baby who mommy is taking for a walk.