Foster Meowmys- How Much Laundry Do You Do in a Week???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just wondering how much laundry all the other foster meowmy's wind up doing in a week. It always seems like i have a ton of it
I just did another load of "kitten" laundry. I'm sure i will have another one ready to be washed by sunday or monday
Why do i feel like a dry cleaners???

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on how many I have.

Right now with just one, maybe 2 loads a week. I've only done one so far but I've only had her since late Tuesday night. After the babies come I'm sure it will be alot more.

Back in the summer of 2004, I was doing at least one load every day, but usually two. But then again I had 16 foster kittens (two of them were Poptart and Gordito!) ranging from 4 weeks to 6 months. At 6 months they were sent to the rescue centre.
thank god we have a room for kittens now,
My mum would kill me if I brought home that many again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i guessed it right- i'm doing yet another load of laundry today

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the shelter here seems to be in need of towels. I've got my Jade in towels for bedding...so since there weren't many towel I only have enough for like 2, maybe 3 days. So, I'll be doing small loads of kitten laundry every 2-3 days now for awhile!

I can't believe you do that much kitten laundry Nikki!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Well, the shelter here seems to be in need of towels. I've got my Jade in towels for bedding...so since there weren't many towel I only have enough for like 2, maybe 3 days. So, I'll be doing small loads of kitten laundry every 2-3 days now for awhile!

I can't believe you do that much kitten laundry Nikki!
It's aweful lol. I go through a lot of laundry- also, it adds up quick when they're really small-too small for a litter pan-they soil their blankets...and you can't use the same blankets between different litters (i usually have multiple litters) so that adds up too, as well as forumla spilled on blankets, you name it!! At the shelter where i work we just got two of those new energy efficient washer/dryers because there's sooooooo much laundry from all the animals- and even soo it still stays backed up it seems. I had the community service kids reorganize our laundry room shelves yesterday- they did a great job!
They were laudry piles everywhere
We always get donations from people and hospitals- even carpet stores- so we always are low on space to put it. We send a lot home with our foster mommys/daddys. We're definitely blessed at our shelter to have such good volunteers/people who donate! Especially the hospitals- there are several nurses that work in the infant wings that are always bringing in infant blankets for us!!!! We use those all the time!!!
You should really stop by your local carpet store and ask if they mind setting aside scraps to donate to your shelter- all of the local carpet stores in our area donate carpet scraps! It's great- we can put it in the cages/kennels to give them something soft to lay on, and if it gets dirty, we just toss it because there is soooooooooooooo much sicne they are always bringing in scraps. It's great! (we toss it because you cant wash them really and there's no good way to sanatize them save baccide/bleach.)