KatKwiz #15 - How many free points today?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the normal 200. However, if you have not yet read the new rules and point awards, click on the link under the siggy. You just may be our first 1000 point winner!

Here is today's question:

I want to give a warm welcome to new members at TCS. I want to welcome those members who have had the fewest welcomes so far. How would I be able to list the new members with the least amount of welcomes at the top of the list? (In the least number of clicks from right here.)

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Just the normal 200. However, if you have not yet read the new rules and point awards, click on the link under the siggy. You just may be our first 1000 point winner!

Here is today's question:

I want to give a warm welcome to new members at TCS. I want to welcome those members who have had the fewest welcomes so far. How would I be able to list the new members with the least amount of welcomes at the top of the list? (In the least number of clicks from right here.)
Step 1: Click on Cat Forms
Step 2: Click on New Cats on the Block
Step 3: Click on Replies
Step 4: Click on the downward arrow next to Replies, which when the mouse is over it reads "Reverse Sort Order"

There you go!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. Click on General Forums up at the top
2. Click on the New Cats on the Block Forum
3. Click on the word Replies at the top of the Replies column
4. Click on the little arrow that appears next to the word replies and the column will arrange itself in order of least replies
Dag nabit! you beat me Jenny
if people would quit coming to my desk and talking to me grrrr

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on new cats on the block in the forum jump thingy. When you get to the new cats on the block forum click on replies and then click on reverse order so you can see who has the lowest number of replies/welcomes.

#1 forum jump to new cats on the block
#2 replies
#3 little arrow next to replies that reverses the order

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

1. Click on General Forums up at the top
2. Click on the New Cats on the Block Forum
3. Click on the word Replies at the top of the Replies column
4. Click on the little arrow that appears next to the word replies and the column will arrange itself in order of least replies
Dag nabit! you beat me Jenny
if people would quit coming to my desk and talking to me grrrr
Sorry Katie!
If I win I will give you some of the points!

mia mouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well if I really think about it, a reply is not necessarly a "welcome" it could be someone ranting at something a new user has said so to really know you would have to read each of the posts to see how many welcomes there actually were....

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~I know its been answered already but here goes anyway haha~

~So my answer is~
1. Click New Cats On The Block
2. Click Replies-Reverse Sort Order

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

~So my answer is~
That's still 3 clicks. You have to click on replies and let it load before you are given the option to reverse the order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on new cats on the block in the forum jump thingy. When you get to the new cats on the block forum click on replies and then click on reverse order so you can see who has the lowest number of replies/welcomes.

#1 forum jump to new cats on the block This takes two clicks
#2 replies
When you scroll down to the forum box, since you are in The Cat Lounge, it will say The Cat Lounge. To change this you must click once to show the other forums and then click a second time to go to the forum you want to go to, in this case New Cats on the Block. This takes two clicks.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

#1 at bottom of screen- go to jump to new cats on the block This takes two clicks, see comment above.

#2 hit replies- reverse sort order
+2 = 4 total of four clicks.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

When you scroll down to the forum box, since you are in The Cat Lounge, it will say The Cat Lounge. To change this you must click once to show the other forums and then click a second time to go to the forum you want to go to, in this case New Cats on the Block. This takes two clicks.
actually she is right
on the bottom of every page there is a drop down box on the right hand side where you can 'jump' to another forum, it says 'forum jump' above it

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

~So my answer is~
total of four clicks

How can you click on New Cats On The Block without first clicking to see the forums you can go to?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

actually she is right
on the bottom of every page there is a drop down box on the right hand side where you can 'jump' to another forum, it says 'forum jump' above it
Thats what I was thinking too, thats the quickest way to get there, I thought anyways.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

actually she is right
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats what I was thinking too, thats the quickest way to get there, I thought anyways.
The Forum Jump is a great feature!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

#1 forum jump to new cats on the block
#2 replies
It has been called to my attention that some people's browsers automatically scroll through the forum jump box without clicking on the arrow. This is not the case with my browswer so I am going to have to eat my words. This one is going to cost me! 400 points are being deposited to your account.
Sounds like I need to update my browser!

Folks: This just goes to show what I have been saying! If you see answers that look like they are right, go ahead and play, submit your own answers. We have just seen a case of why you should do this!