Scully's diet pics

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking through old pics the other day and found some from the first year we had Scully and I can't believe the difference in him so I thought I would share!

This is one of the earliest pics we have of him, taken a couple of month after we got him, he had already lost a couple of lbs by then and most of the skin had healed on his tummy where it wore away from rubbing on the carpets

and his first Christmas with us at 28lbs, huge but looking much healthier

On his 1st gotchaday (we do know his birthday but celebrate both) down to 26-25lbs

and all the skin/fur healed

and later that year, with much more definition to the shape of his face etc (24lbs)

His 2nd gotchaday (23lbs)

not a great pic, but a few months later, and look - no huge chub sticking out (bad pic but it shows his shape)

He carried on losing but gained a little since then after being sick and not moving much when recovering, but some of the lastest pics at 21lbs

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done! What a state he was in when you got him
You've made such a difference to him, and probably saved his life.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he looks awsome!!! Such a beautiful boy at that too!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks fantastic!
He looks so much better, and his eyes are brighter.
He's gorgeous!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a doll!!
Can I ask, did he have a health problem, is that why he was so big? Or did he just get too much food?

He does look happier and healthier now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's say he had a mooching problem and they had a young child who throws food on the floor for him, he will eat ANYTHING at all... they also gave in to his begging (and he can be irresistible, I have given in myself)

Yes Susan, he was so big his tummy hung low and rubbed along the carpet and he had bad carpet burn, if you look at the first pic, the little wool pad thing he liked to sleep on, you can see pinkish stains (despite it being washed) from where he lay on it

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great photo journal to document the improvements. He is a beautiful boy and looks so much happier and healthier now...
Kudo's on his progress.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What kind of food have you been feeding Scully. Looking at these results, no doubt that he'll be one svelte boy very soon.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do I Neet! I care more about his diet than my own!

He eats dry and was being fed Iams Weight Control (or whatever they call their diet food) when we got him, we were feeding Holistic Blend (a Canadian brand) so he was put on that. Then we switched to EVO and recently started rotating between EVO, Natures Variety Raw Instics, Orijen (another Canadian and grain free brand) and more recently Fromm's Duck a la Veg as they seemed to be getting bored of EVO.

I have trouble getting them to eat (more specifically not throw back up) wet, so grain free and exercise has been the best way to go

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done
he is looking so much better. Have you seen poor Lucy that Booktiger is fostering?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Well done
he is looking so much better. Have you seen poor Lucy that Booktiger is fostering?
Nope ~goes off to look~

Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

OK, what's a "gotcha"day?
Generally most people do not know the birthday of cats they get from shelters etc so the celebrate 'gotcha' days on the date they rescued / adopted them

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whoa!! I always thought he was big, but I had no idea he was bigger when you got him!

Scully, my boy, you're gorgeous now! All the ladies must love you!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww bless the boy
I didnt know his story, was he called Scully when he came to you ?

Great job, he is such a handsome boy, Miss Moofi swoons over him all the time

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah we tried changing his name (although I can't remember what it was that we tried to change it to now
) but he only answered to Scully. I generally call him smoochie moochie when talking to him anyway so it didn't bother me too much