500 points! Question inside!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do cats cover thier poop?

500 points to the first person who answers correctly. If 2 people answer within a min of each other, I will split the points evenly

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

500 points to the first person who answers correctly. If 2 people answer within a min of each other, I will split the points evenly
They cover it to cover up the odor as best they can.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To hide the fact that they've been there from predators? I know a lot of animals do that.....

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always heard its to hide their presence from prey animals, by covering their scents as others have said. That's why dominant cats and a lot of the big cats don't cover - its a territorial/dominance "Hey, I'm here!" sort of message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

To hide the fact that they've been there from predators? I know a lot of animals do that.....
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

They cover it up so the odor doesn't attract enemies/prey? It's an instinctual thing?
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I've always heard its to hide their presence from prey animals, by covering their scents as others have said. That's why dominant cats and a lot of the big cats don't cover - its a territorial/dominance "Hey, I'm here!" sort of message.
You're all right..*goes to hand out points.. 250 a piece

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to save up my points to be able to donate points to others.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~I know its over and done with but I wanted 2 give my answer haha~

~Why do cats cover their poop? 2 Hide it from fat Yorkies who like having ****-eye-pee-pee-poo-poo breath lolol~ lolol serious tho does anybody have a dog that wont stay OOUT of the LITTERBOX for late night snacks?? EWWWWWWWWW~

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Click on the link below to learn how you can win your share of FIFTY THOUSAND points this year on the original cat quiz that awards 200 to 1000 points every day of the year!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yet another KatKwiz copy cat! Click on the link below to learn how you can win your share of FIFTY THOUSAND points this year on the original cat quiz that awards 200 to 1000 points every day of the year!
Who cares if it's being copied. It's fun.