Introducing... Princess!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The name suits her.. she thinks she is a princess and of course I spoil her like one too

Sorry for the furless one in the following..

She is an Egyptian Mau. She is roughly 5 months old now and the joy of my life! She loves to snuggle, so I'm totally petrified of getting her spayed

Isn't she just precious! Awww my baby...

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was the same when I had to get Nikita spayed. She bounced back and was completely back to normaly after 2 days. (After one day she was almost back to normal, but jumped down from a high piece of furniture in two steps rather than one like normally, i.e down to a chair first) and she was a bit woozy until the evening.

She was done with a side spay though. The vet did the incision on her flank. It's basically a keyhole operation. So she had a shaved off patch on her side but her belly didn't need to be opened. Which means the operation is less intrusive for the cat.

The advantage to that is that since they used internal stitches she didn't need to have a cone type collar put on, since there were no stitches to be pulled at and I got to take her home the same day as the operation.

Oh and Princess is very pretty, I'm rather partial to spotted cats so

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I love her markings!

And don't worry about the spay, it will be okay. I just got my kitties spayed on the 11th and I was a wreck. I was so nervous. Combined with great people at the vet's office and thorough and careful home care everything is fine and they're becoming their normal selves again.
Of course it's normal to be nervous.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

She's a princess alright, she's gorgeous!
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

She is beautiful! Spaying will be okay. She will be healthier to snuggle with you for many years.
Originally Posted by Bella713

She's so pretty... don't blame you for being nervous about having her spayed she's your baby
to all of the above comments - she's gorgeous, of course you're nervous, & she'll be fine. welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The breed profile I looked at online said the females can get up to 8 lbs., if they are a good weight for their size of course. The males get slightly bigger.