Kitters Cool New Toy (from Skype chat)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My spoiled baby got a cool new toy.
I had asked if anyone had heard of this toy during the Skype chat held last weekend and no one had!
So I ordered one for Kitters just to see what it was all about.... and oh.. my... gosh!!!
It's so cool!!
It's called the Booda Light Chaser made by Aspen Pets. Unfortunatly they don't sell on the website or to regular people!
Drs Foster and Smith sell it, but I found a guy on ebay that sells them cheaper found another site that you can get them at. I've never heard of Strictly Pets or done anything through them so I'd check them out before buying.

So... we put it on her...
and she starts bolting through the house. Trying to grab it as it runs away from her!
She really thought she had it when she cornered it!
It was so funny! One thing I can tell you for aiming the toy is to have it kind of looser on the neck so that it hangs more in the tilted up possition. (that'll make sense if you buy one) If we put the collar on regular facing up it points right into her chin. If we put it on regular facing down it pointed into her chest. Once we had it on loosly facing up it pointed right out and down a little. Perfect!!! Especially when she's looking down at the ground and running after it!
We tried to video tape her but the battery went dead...
But I was cracking up so much watching her... She definatly gives it two paws up!

Just wanted to let you guys know what a great toy it is!!! Let me know if any of you get one and what you think of it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds hilarious! I wonder what it would be like to buy 2 or 3 and strap them on Luna, Whitey and Beauty at the same time!

I'll have to go check out eBay. Thanks Jill!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
don't you love how cute and spoiled our babies are especially when they get a new toy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Abby would go insane!
She's such a cutie it would be fun to watch!

Originally Posted by Bella713

Sophia would be in the looney bin after using that, she is a laser freak
You should definitely get Sophia one! It would be hilarious!

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

looking at that, I think I need one! More exercise for Scully would be great
Guarentee that would help with exercise!

Originally Posted by CoolCat

Fantastic toys!
...I figured the hapiness of Kitters!
I was worried she might not like it, but she loves it and I am so happy, it was the best toy I've gotten her!

Originally Posted by lunasmom

That sounds hilarious! I wonder what it would be like to buy 2 or 3 and strap them on Luna, Whitey and Beauty at the same time!

I'll have to go check out eBay. Thanks Jill!!!
That would be so freakin' funny! You'd have to get a video of that one!!

Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

don't you love how cute and spoiled our babies are especially when they get a new toy.
She definitely had a grin ear to ear!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to be a downer, but... does it say anything on the package about whether the light is safe if a kitty looks into it? I know the kitty who's wearing it probably couldn't look into it, but other cats could... whereas the handheld laserlights allow the human to keep them out of the kitties' eyes.

I've never heard an authoritative word on whether laserlight is safe for kitty eyes or not. Does anyone know?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine certainly are and they have me well trained, they just have to give me a slightly bored look and I am off to the pet store in search of amusement for them.

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I hate to be a downer, but... does it say anything on the package about whether the light is safe if a kitty looks into it? I know the kitty who's wearing it probably couldn't look into it, but other cats could... whereas the handheld laserlights allow the human to keep them out of the kitties' eyes.

I've never heard an authoritative word on whether laserlight is safe for kitty eyes or not. Does anyone know?
The website says it is a non-laser LED light. I would think that would be safe

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It is an LED and not a laser. We checked it out before we got it and before we put it on her, and it seems to be just fine!

Originally Posted by tierre0

Mine certainly are and they have me well trained, they just have to give me a slightly bored look and I am off to the pet store in search of amusement for them.
We are such slaves!

Originally Posted by SSmith0385

The website says it is a non-laser LED light. I would think that would be safe
Yuppers thats what we saw too before we got it.

Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

o my Stormie and Blue would go nuts over it...looks like i need to have a chat with my mom
You definatly should!

happyliljo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I stumbled upon the Light Chaser yesterday while I was browsing through Petco for new ways to spoil my baby. I knew she would love it.

Smokey has a blast with it! Chasing it up and down the hallway, jumping up the walls after it, it's a riot to watch!

I'll try to post a video too once I get one!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Happyliljo

I stumbled upon the Light Chaser yesterday while I was browsing through Petco for new ways to spoil my baby. I knew she would love it.

Smokey has a blast with it! Chasing it up and down the hallway, jumping up the walls after it, it's a riot to watch!

I'll try to post a video too once I get one!
I so need to video tape Kitters too with it! Do post it if you get a video!