What I've been up to today

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been at the ER with 2 of my 4 kids.The oldest son has Strep throat and the baby has the flu.He hasn't eaten in 2 days and is not wanting to drink either.
The oldest ones throat is so swollen his tonsils are almost sealing his throat shut.

I want to thank ALL of you who have donated points to me so I can give gifts out to others.I am in the process right now of giving them out.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no hunny - thats horrible, what a day you've had!
Sending many prayers that your kids get better, & some calming vibes to you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kenz!!! It's been a very rough few days.I've had the flu,Devin had it and now Seth has it.
So, now to wait for Shawn,Amber and Jordan to get it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Thanks Kenz!!! It's been a very rough few days.I've had the flu,Devin had it and now Seth has it.
So, now to wait for Shawn,Amber and Jordan to get it.
Oh yuck, that doesn't sound exciting

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh...what an awful way to spend the day. ER's are such sad places and the wait is always hours

I hope that your kids feel better soon

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sis.It will get better SOON I hope and pray!!!
I just feel so darn helpless right now.Seth is so weak, he can't even hold his head up.And poor Devin's throat is hurting.
I wish I could take ALL their pain and protect them.
Thanks EVERYONE!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Tammy i had no idea what a rough few days you've been having
You have my number/email if you need anything hon!!!!! I hope things start to improve soon and your babies get better!!!! I bet you're worrying yourself silly trying to do everything! I don't know how you do it! You're such a wonderful mom!!! I have no doubt those kiddos will be better in no time with you taking such great care of them
((((((((((GET BETTER SOON VIBES!))))))))

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Nikki!!! I am so tired from caring for them,but that's a Mom's job and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world

Thanks again EVERYONE!!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is Seth? Pedialyte drinks and freezies are great to get in those nutrients they can't get when it hurts to swallow or they have vomitting/diarrhea. And if Seth is old enough, they'd be helpful for keeping him hydrated, since his appetite isn't up to snuff.

I hope both boys feel better soon.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

How old is Seth? Pedialyte drinks and freezies are great to get in those nutrients they can't get when it hurts to swallow or they have vomitting/diarrhea. And if Seth is old enough, they'd be helpful for keeping him hydrated, since his appetite isn't up to snuff.

I hope both boys feel better soon.
Seth is almost 7.I've tried to get him to drink Gatorade,Sprite,Gingerale,pedialyte, and popsicles.No go.He wants nothing to do with any of it.He jsut wants to lay down and sleep.He scared me really bad earlier, he wouldn't wake up
I had to pick him up and shake him.That's why he went to the ER with Devin and I.
Get this, the Dr said he would drink when he was good and ready.
That his body will NOT go without it for very long.He's getting dehydrated as it is.His hands are dry and his lips are chapped.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Seth is almost 7.I've tried to get him to drink Gatorade,Sprite,Gingerale,pedialyte, and popsicles.No go.He wants nothing to do with any of it.He jsut wants to lay down and sleep.He scared me really bad earlier, he wouldn't wake up
I had to pick him up and shake him.That's why he went to the ER with Devin and I.
Get this, the Dr said he would drink when he was good and ready.
That his body will NOT go without it for very long.He's getting dehydrated as it is.His hands are dry and his lips are chapped.
That's crazy! Watch his skin for tenting....when you pinch it firmly, it should flatten back out when you release. If it stays "tented", which means in the pinched form, he's dehydrated. If he continues to refuse to drink, or if he becomes so weak he's actually unable to drink, bring him back or to another ER. I would be calm but firm that he get IV fluids. Good luck making him drink.

My brother had E. Coli when he was 4 and the dr at the ER said it was just the flu, so my mom had to get him through it herself. She had to force him to drink, even though he'd cry and try to spit it out. It was really hard for her to do it, but it was what he needed.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he'd stay awake longer,I'd fight him to drink some.But, he's just so weak.If he's not better tomm. I AM taking him back to the ER and they WILL do something for him.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear your kiddos aren't feeling well. It's so hard when they are little and sick and it seems like there isn't much you can do to help them feel better. I always wished I could just take it for them so they didn't have to feel bad. I hope your little ones feel better soon, and that you do too.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strep throat sucks, has taken me over a month to get over mine.
i hope the kids get better fast