what does everyone do for a job here...

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My science degree has not provided the opportunities I've wanted, so, before I go back to school, I'm doing what makes me the most money right now.....I'm a nanny for a quite well-off family with four children. I'm NOT a babysitter, as I am responsible for everything relating to the children as far as:
shopping for meals and snacks,
cooking,
the kids' laundry,
homework and assignment help,
dr and dentist appointment scheduling,
making sure they get new shoes, clothes, etc when need be,
monitoring behaviour which includes teaching and upholding standards for manners and treatment of others as well as discipline when needed (3 are boys, so keeping everyone in line takes up a lot of time and energy lol).
keeping the parents updated with the important aspects of the childrens' schedules and days

Sorry, I just hate it when people say "Oh, you babysit?"

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am currently a Cardiac Monitor Tecnician. I watch people's heart's electrical impulses. I will be graduating next month and, hopefully, will be able to pass the NCLEX and become a RN.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently training to be a Business & Finance Manager at a car dealership here in town, but I will also be in charge of the Rental Business and part of the Service Department.

I'm keeping busy

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had lots of different jobs in my life, but by career I'm a Registered Nurse. I'm off sick right now but I hope to be able to return to my job once my health issues are sorted out.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an RN Surgical First Assistant. I assist the primary surgeon during surgery. I started working in the O.R. nearly 25 years ago as a Certified Surgical Technologist, passing instruments. I trained as a First Assistant and then went back to school to become a Registered Nurse. Now I can perform all three roles in the surgical arena: surgical scrub, surgical assistant and circulating nurse. I love what I do...I honestly can't think of anything that I'd rather do for a living!

Pookie

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not Only an I the personal asst and slave to 5 cats, but I also work full time as an asst manager in a restaurant. UGH!!! stress, stress and more stress. I feel like a full time babysitter.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a job right now but I do volunteer at my local animal shelter in the afternoons Tuesday - Saturday.
and plus I come home to my own animals to take care of.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a full time student half way to being a teacher

I am a mom to a 4 year old boy, named Telaryn.

I am wife and domestic engineer LOL ( Thanks to someone who posted that in IMO a while back, just can't remember who it was)

I also work part time as a youth leader. I am responsible for programming and carring out activities for 3 centers right now, but I am going down to just 1 center two nights a week, from the end of April until the end of June.

I have a job interview on Monday for a full time position working at playground centers or youth centers. I sure hope I get it.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in automobile repossessions. I don't like it (and no, it isn't glamorous and exciting like on Repo Man), but it is flexible so I can attend classes. I graduate in June though! Wooohoo!! Other than that, I volunteer too many hours a week. That's all

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I work in automobile repossessions. I don't like it (and no, it isn't glamorous and exciting like on Repo Man), but it is flexible so I can attend classes. I graduate in June though! Wooohoo!! Other than that, I volunteer too many hours a week. That's all
I'd love to do that. How did you get into it?

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm an office administrator at a brokerage firm. I work permanent parttime for one financial advisor and oncall for another in a different town. I also rent space in an antique/gift/collectibles mall where I am known as the cat lady for the merchandise I sell. Lastly, I do an occasional Saturday on call at a veterinary clinic. Oh, and then there's the cat herd (12) that I take care of. But ask DH and he'll tell you I basically screw around all day.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
up to last september im a stay at home mum and house g/f untill july then a house wife
also salve to my cats.
i do miss work though , as soon as my son is at full time school i shall be going back