Name suggestions?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm awful at thinking up names for pets

Recently a pregnant stray was dumped out here
Unfortunately she had them about 4-5 days ago, and before I could get her to trust me enough. The last 3-4 days she's decided to come over to me and I can tell she is not nursing anything. No more kittens for this one, plus she's still bleeding so I'm worried.
So off to the vet.
Problem... I need a name for when I call the appointment in later! suggestions quick!

She's light orange with black markings on her nose and lightly scattered patches on her head and near her tail. It looks like she's been playing in oil/grease, however that is her fur. What the heck color/pattern would this be? reverse tortie?

So far I've been calling her, Cat, Kitty, Girl, and Honey. DH suggested Streak

She's a real sweetie, but is skittish. Obviously she used to be someone's pet. I wish people would quit dumping their animals, if they can't keep them they have no business getting them in the first place.

Tomas is off to the vet soon too. DH was reluctant but heard him coughing this morning and freaked out.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a kitty who looks just like her...a boy, though. His name is Sandy Paws...a.k.a Cindy. He's a bit on the feminine side.

Thanks for taking her in!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the names I like: ISIS (eye-sis... an egyptian cat goddess), Bast (another egyptian cat goddess), Cali, Roxy, Hurley, Lulu, Lilu, Lola, Nolita, Lolita, Nollie (kind of like my kittens named but pronounced Noll-Lee)... Here are a few to consider! best of Luck!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww bless you for taking care of this special one

I like Honey - hopefully she'll be as sweet as honey once she settles with you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I have a kitty who looks just like her...a boy, though. His name is Sandy Paws...a.k.a Cindy. He's a bit on the feminine side.
We took in a pregnant grey and white girl a few years ago and found homes for her and the kittens. One of the kittens, a fluffy white and black male was very... dainty? We nick named him Prissy.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm awful at thinking up names for pets

Recently a pregnant stray was dumped out here
Unfortunately she had them about 4-5 days ago, and before I could get her to trust me enough. The last 3-4 days she's decided to come over to me and I can tell she is not nursing anything. No more kittens for this one, plus she's still bleeding so I'm worried.
So off to the vet.
Problem... I need a name for when I call the appointment in later! suggestions quick!

She's light orange with black markings on her nose and lightly scattered patches on her head and near her tail. It looks like she's been playing in oil/grease, however that is her fur. What the heck color/pattern would this be? reverse tortie?

So far I've been calling her, Cat, Kitty, Girl, and Honey. DH suggested Streak

She's a real sweetie, but is skittish. Obviously she used to be someone's pet. I wish people would quit dumping their animals, if they can't keep them they have no business getting them in the first place.

Tomas is off to the vet soon too. DH was reluctant but heard him coughing this morning and freaked out.
I like names that fit the occasion. Alley got her name because she was found in an Alley, I had another cat I called simply Greycat. She showed up on my front porch and she was grey. Persi is short for Persian. You may not remember this, actually I think they are still around but there is a rock group called the Stray Cats. If they decided to call theirselves Stray, well....anyway there are lots of names that fit the occasion of finding the cat that would work well.
l

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrr, dangit! The only vet office that does low cost spay and neuter for strays is booked full till next week! This is frustrating. I really wish there was more support for this around here.
I hate this
I'll have to discuss what to do with DH later. The other vet office will happily charge as much as they can (probably around $200).

At least I was able to get Tomas scheduled to have his coughing checked out Saturday morning.

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

You may not remember this, actually I think they are still around but there is a rock group called the Stray Cats. If they decided to call theirselves Stray
Everyone knows Setzer and of course Rock this Town, isn't that part of some 80s music knowledge collective?

I'm gonna go with Honey for her name, works and it's simple enough.
Looks like it's going to be the vet office I used to use for Sho.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww bless you for taking care of this special one

I like Honey - hopefully she'll be as sweet as honey once she settles with you
I agree, Honey is the perfect name for a sweet girl with her coloring.

OOPS! I shoulda read all the responses
So Honey it is. Let us know how the vet visit goes.