Onions?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this will sound like a very strange question but I was wondering how many people like onions? I LOVE onions but my husband thinks they are disgusting! He says he doesn't understand why people like them. And I think most people like them so thought I would ask!! And his brother doesn't like them either. So they think I am weird!
What do you think?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love em. Not on their own though, too hot
My wife can't stand them though. If there is even the tinyest bit in a meal she picks them out.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you're talking about cooking onions, I like cooked but not raw.

I do like raw green onions, red onions and vadallias.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE onions... we put the in/on practically every thing savory... adn when cooked they can be very sweet too.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Ok, this will sound like a very strange question but I was wondering how many people like onions? I LOVE onions but my husband thinks they are disgusting! He says he doesn't understand why people like them. And I think most people like them so thought I would ask!! And his brother doesn't like them either. So they think I am weird!
What do you think?
Me me me!! I looove onions!! In fact my hands smell like an onion from cutting one up last night,lol. I also love tomatoes and peppers and DH thinks they are nasty!! Oh and mushrooms as well.
He calls all that stuff *fungus*

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOVE them. I can't imagine cooking without them. I don't like too many raw onions in anything, but otherwise they're wonderful. French onion soup...mmmm.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the flavor they impart when cooked, but I cannot eat them raw. They cause bad things to happen in my digestive tract.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I love em. Not on their own though, too hot
My wife can't stand them though. If there is even the tinyest bit in a meal she picks them out.
I can't even put them in anything because he says if you put onions in anything that is all he can taste. I will eat them all the time and he won't even come near me!
I always ask, why can't you just like onions?!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

I can't even put them in anything because he says if you put onions in anything that is all he can taste. I will eat them all the time and he won't even come near me!
I always ask, why can't you just like onions?!!!
LOL!!! That so sounds like my hubby, only with tomatoes!!
He sits and picks them out when I use them, its kinda funny actually...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raw red onions, raw green onions, cooked white and yellow onions.
Onions are good and good for you!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of onions. Raw I can't stand. If thier cooked into something, they thier okay, but other than that, yuck!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Add me to the list because the more onions the better for me. Mind having said that, Gil had a roast beef sandwich with onions on and he stank

A cheese and onion sandwich, lovely!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww...hold the onions for me please.

I guess I'm the weirdo of the group too. I can't stand cutting them (the smell lingers in my fingers for days is the equivilent of barf for me) and I hate havin bad breathe.

I'm breathe paranoid though and onions are the only thing I eat that lingers on me. Can't stand it.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like onions both cooked and raw, everyone in my family does, so does my bf!!!

Although I am the odd one out with raw tomato
I hate it, yuk.

Although baring in mind it is the cat site, I doubt that many of our kitties enjoy onions!!! Hehehe, or maybe there are some that do, do they count?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them ok but not in everything, all the time. And the size of the pieces has to be just right in certain things, lol.

No raw ones.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love onions. My favorite is to pan fry hamburgers, so that the beef juices stay in the pan. When the burgers are about half done, put in some diced onion and let them saute in the juices. When the burgers are done, pile on the saute'd onions and cover with cheese. The cheese will hold 'em in place

Pretty awesome

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them fried as Onion Rings- or as flavoring when I'm cooking, but I don't like them raw, or on burgers, or pizza.