Basset puppies are here!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a long awaited journey with my breeder, the basset pups arrived yesterday!!!!
The dam had 6 pups...3 girls (2 tri-color, and 1 mahogany), and 3 boys (2 tri-color, and 1 mahogany), and we get first pick of a female tri-color. Aren't they beautiful? We're going to make the drive up this weekend to select our puppy!!!!!!! Now, the REALLY painful waiting game begins!!!!!!!!

We are so thrilled and excited!!!!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwww CONGRATS!!!!!They are all adorable and I can imagine how excited you are.
(I've always wanted a Lemon and white one)

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratz to you and the mama! I would be very excited too. BUt it always seems like you have to wiat for good things to come. They are very cute puppies. Ar eyou going to give her a name, so she can call the puppy that or?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

After a long awaited journey with my breeder, the basset pups arrived yesterday!!!!
The dam had 6 pups...3 girls (2 tri-color, and 1 mahogany), and 3 boys (2 tri-color, and 1 mahogany), and we get first pick of a female tri-color. Aren't they beautiful? We're going to make the drive up this weekend to select our puppy!!!!!!! Now, the REALLY painful waiting game begins!!!!!!!!

We are so thrilled and excited!!!!!!
Congratulations!

I will have to admit that I read the comic strips. But no matter, every Basset Hound I have ever known was named Fred! But since you are getting a female, guess that won't work. But, do you have a name picked out yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Aww how wonderful I would Love to get one for DH
Are they all sold Wookie?
Unfortunately, yes. They're all spoken for prior to the mating, even.

And a surprising UPDATE- Momma had two more healthy pups during the night, another mahogany boy and mahogany girl...making the grand total 8 puppies in all!!!

The breeder has e-mailed me some pics of the 3 eligible females...the 3rd female born was a mahogany, and the breeder will most likely keep her. Females #1, 2, and 4 are
what I have to choose from...females #1 & 2 are the tricolors that I prefer. I am kind of impartial to the little face on #2, but love the open markings on #1...they're both gorgeous little baby girls, so now I'm a bit torn. Help me, please? Here they are...females #1 & 2.

Now, how and the heck would one ever choose??? They're BOTH darling!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Now, how and the heck would one ever choose??? They're BOTH darling!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
My boyfriend and I both vote puppy #1. The markings are beautiful. Even though you like the face on the other, #1 will have a cute face too.....plus, their faces will change a lot as they grow.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the markings on #1 also.She is a BEAUTIFUL looking pup....they ALL are.Congrats again.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really liek female # 1 the best too. Her markings are more unique. But they both are very cuute.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS
*peeks around* where is your breeder located? Looking into maybe getting another one for our household
in the future. looking at breeders and waiting lists..etc..

and..I vote for Female #1 too

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, how exciting!
What sweet little babies!
I could never pick just one, but I love the markings on Female # 1. I'd have to meet them to be able to choose.