Is this normal? (Girls only)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much finished my period two days ago, but now it's back. This has never happened before and I've been taking my prescription meds and my birth control. I haven't "done anything" such as sex, nor ever have. So.. is this normal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

what birth control are u on?
Marvelon 28 (it's a prescription for me). I've been on it for over a year and have only missed one day.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm...sometime with birthcontrol u can have spotted periods, i myself am on depo vera and its the shot in case u didnt know, but i went from periods all the time to were i needed to be on estrogen because i was too skinny so the shot actually had a reverse reaction on me, and i am off the estrogen thankfully but now i just get spotting due to the shot (which is how it should have been anyways
) But one day i will have a period and the next it will be gone, although mine i get at night and then day break its gone and then the next night it will be back again! Im weird I guess well my body is
And when I was on the pill it didnt work out very well (short term memory lol) but with birth control i guess that sounds about right, and good thing u aint doing that bad deed yet
but if u want a sigh of relief just talk it over with ur gynie...thats what i would do!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would speaking to the GYN about changing your pill.
Your hormone levels have probably changed and upset the balance, not really uncommon if your pills are no longer working properly.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Your hormone levels have probably changed and upset the balance, not really uncommon if your pills are no longer working properly.
that was very well put!

Its always best to just talk to them about it even if it is the littliest thing, its always best! I go for my shot every 3 months and by that time i have a whole bunch of questions dealing with stuff like that

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are the other meds you are on new meds? Have you put on weight or lost weight? Is this the first time you have had break through bleeding?

I just went through that. My doctor had me monitor it for 3 months before he made any decision. It ended up that because I have gotton older and put on about 30 pounds that the lower dose was not strong enough. He doubled the amount of estrogen and so far for the last 3 months I have had no problems. While I monitered it I realized that I was bleeding 3 out of 4 weeks a month. Way to much for me.

Start monitering it. It may just be a one off thing with no problems. It could be the medication you are on or it could be the pills just are not strong enough for you any more. It happens.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Are the other meds you are on new meds? Have you put on weight or lost weight? Is this the first time you have had break through bleeding?

I just went through that. My doctor had me monitor it for 3 months before he made any decision. It ended up that because I have gotton older and put on about 30 pounds that the lower dose was not strong enough. He doubled the amount of estrogen and so far for the last 3 months I have had no problems. While I monitered it I realized that I was bleeding 3 out of 4 weeks a month. Way to much for me.

Start monitering it. It may just be a one off thing with no problems. It could be the medication you are on or it could be the pills just are not strong enough for you any more. It happens.
I wasnt the only one out their bleeding so much, that makes me feel better i was bleeding every other week
and thats what my doc did to! And then she had me on estrogen, and slowly it had to get uped and then i went off of it because i guess from the weight i put on
although i do miss it it made my hair grow so quick
The thing sucked about it was i was only 15 when that happened

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, the other meds I've been on for a year as well. I don't think I've either gained or lost weight, and yes it's the first time.

I guess I'll start monitoring it. I don't even have a gynecologist yet
but I should probably get one since I'll be sixteen in October..

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WHo did you get the prescription from? As far as I know only a gynecologist can give you a prescription for birth control. And yes at 16 you really should get one and get a base line pap smear done. Monitor the situation. A lot of it could just be your age. I am sure you know at your age hormones fluctuate about as much as the wind blows. As long as you don't have any abnormal pain with it, just keep an eye on it. Write it all on a calender. Take it with yo u when you see a gynecologist. It will be much easier for them to see what is going on. Talk to your mom or who ever you feel comfortable talking with about these things. Tell them you need a gynecologist and would like to discuss differant options. Also tell them about the break through bleeding, thats what your doctor will call it to.

Good luck and PM me if you need to. I just delt with all of this, its not fun but I am willing to help you out if you want.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHo did you get the prescription from? As far as I know only a gynecologist can give you a prescription for birth control. And yes at 16 you really should get one and get a base line pap smear done. Monitor the situation. A lot of it could just be your age. I am sure you know at your age hormones fluctuate about as much as the wind blows. As long as you don't have any abnormal pain with it, just keep an eye on it. Write it all on a calender. Take it with yo u when you see a gynecologist. It will be much easier for them to see what is going on. Talk to your mom or who ever you feel comfortable talking with about these things. Tell them you need a gynecologist and would like to discuss differant options. Also tell them about the break through bleeding, thats what your doctor will call it to.

Good luck and PM me if you need to. I just delt with all of this, its not fun but I am willing to help you out if you want.
I got the prescription from my doctor since I was having heavy bleeding and bad cramps while Midol was doing squat. I did talk to my mom about it and she said it's happened to her too before. My stomach is hurting a little, sort of crampy PMS pains but I am kind of hungry too.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moz,

you may just want to take a trip to the family doctor, whom I'm assuming wrote your prescription.

It's not even that uncommon here for health nurses to give out a couple months worth of sample birth control here. I know because I've been offered by them many times before and here, your family doctor does the pap smears, so all you have to do is book a complete physical with your family doctor.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Moz,

you may just want to take a trip to the family doctor, whom I'm assuming wrote your prescription.

It's not even that uncommon here for health nurses to give out a couple months worth of sample birth control here. I know because I've been offered by them many times before and here, your family doctor does the pap smears, so all you have to do is book a complete physical with your family doctor.
Thanks for chiming in, I'm not that good with the health system here. I'll probably book an appointment today or tomorrow..

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Thanks for chiming in, I'm not that good with the health system here. I'll probably book an appointment today or tomorrow..
ya thats a good idea...u should see if there is a GYN at ur doctors office our family doctor has several other doctors there and they have a GYN and everything there, although I didnt like her! Ask ur mom who her GYN is and see if she can get u an appointment! But def make an appointment at ur doctors tomarrow or such, and well its not uncommon for u to go thru the same things as ur mom (i sure did
) Also see what else ur mom has to say about it since she did say she had that similar when she was younger! I met my GYN at the age of 15 luckily
i also had the bad period and cramping and everything as well! So see what u can do and it might take some time to see whats right for u and ur body and the other meds u are on and everything!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really familiar with the health care here in Sask, as my mom has been an RN for over 20 years, plus I've been enough times to know lol.

Here they say to get your first pap smear done when you become sexually active or by the time you turn 18 and then you should have one at least once every three years.

Here is a link that I thought you might want to read to know what one is.

http://www.cfpc.ca/English/cfpc/prog...efault.asp?s=1

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I was on BC for 5 years and every now and then this would happen. My gyno would only switch me if it happened more than once and for a week at a time.
I would talk to your mom about seeing a gyno again and discussing this with them. You are still growing & your hormones are changing.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm on the pill and I get spotting sometimes. It advises that you can get that on my pill though. I would go and just get it checked just in case. Won't do any harm just to make sure everything is all okay or a maybe a better alternative for you!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends! How long have you been on the pill? Sometimes I have a 3 day period, it stops for a day or two and then comes back! As far as I am told spotting and such is normal! Its a bummer when this happens and I have pants to prove it (leakage is very embarrassing)! Now I take my birth control so I only have a menstrual cycle once every 4 months! I have issues with that time of the month (extreme pain) so we will see how it goes! I've been on the pill for almost 6 years now and also had your symptoms when I was not sexually active! I was put on the pill to regulate my periods because I was only gettting a period once every three months (not sexually active at that time) If you are concerned contact your gyno!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I'm really familiar with the health care here in Sask, as my mom has been an RN for over 20 years, plus I've been enough times to know lol.

Here they say to get your first pap smear done when you become sexually active or by the time you turn 18 and then you should have one at least once every three years.

Here is a link that I thought you might want to read to know what one is.

http://www.cfpc.ca/English/cfpc/prog...efault.asp?s=1
Just to be safe I would visit the gyno annually! You will have to see them once a year in order to continue taking the pill!