All Filmed Up..

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Well it's been 3 days that the babies have been born.... I just noticed RIGHT NOW... that one of the babies.. which is real tiny... had film over his mouth he couldn't open his mouth and i hadn't seen him drink any milk, my little sister picked her/him up, and noticed.. "hey steph, this ones mouth doesn't open!" so i looked at him and there it was this film keeping his mouth closed... so what i did was i washed my hands, and used the tip of my finger to kinda unseal his mouth, and there his tongue was... and then came the crying.. i was so relieved.. what was that exactly? will it reappear?

Another thing, one of the kitten are reallllyy tiny, and he/she doesn't want to drink milk all he wants to do is sleep... and he barely ever moves... and he seems abnormally cold.. even though he's always with mommy. what should i do?

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well thats weird. i have never heard about that. maybe you should phone the vet, it could be serious! good luck

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is the baby doing? I have never heard of this either, but not suckling and cold isn't good.

Try a little Karo syrup in the little ones mouth, hopefully that will stimulate a suckling reflex. Have to get the baby warm too, their little digestive tracks don't digest properly when they are too cold.

Sending good vibes to you and the precious new little ones

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

How is the baby doing? I have never heard of this either, but not suckling and cold isn't good.

Try a little Karo syrup in the little ones mouth, hopefully that will stimulate a suckling reflex. Have to get the baby warm too, their little digestive tracks don't digest properly when they are too cold.

Sending good vibes to you and the precious new little ones
Hi sorry... I'm a little dense... but what is karo syrup? and where can i get this?... Sorry... for asking.. it's probably really common...

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Karo syrup is like High Fructose Corn syrup. Karo is just the brand name here in the US. You should be able to find it in the baking aisle in the grocery store. How is the little one doing?

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh okay..lol.. I wasn't sure.. okay well i'm gonna go and get some... hoefully the grocery store has it. so high in fructose corn syrup. I named her April.. (since it's appprrill).. lol.. umm.. she's doing good.. she actaully warm right now.. but still very still and quiet.. she doesn't talk much.. or move.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
keep her warm and maybe try bottle feeding her if she doesn't go to mom.....you want to get her healthy!!!!

kcm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too... Late...