Things that go bump...

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All morning long I was trying to find the source of a strange sound in the house. A light tapping. Most often it would be "tap.....tap.....taptaptaptaptap" And just about the time I would be close to where it was coming from, it would stop. I was starting to get the littlest bit paranoid.

Just a moment ago, I was in the catroom with the tribe, and saw the male Red Belly woodpecker land on the birdfeeder, pick up a single sunflower seed, and take off headed for the roof of the house. Then, from the roof, came the tapping?!?!?!?!

I went out and sat in the car and watched, and sure enough, Mr. Red Belly was taking sunflower seeds, one at a time, to the roof, and hammering them open using the shingles as an anvil.
I was laughing so hard I was gasping

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

Sometimes outside animals can surprise you! I was at a friend's house and her favorite squirrel came knocking on the window looking for a handout!
Oh that is so cute that she has a "favourite" squirrel, and he's so bold!

I love to see animals in action. I was out walking and heard the familar tap-tap-tap of a woodpecker so I looked around the trees trying to see it. Well, it wasn't in a tree, but drilling a hole in the frame of someone's house! They had about four other holes already there.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! Birds are so smart... we hung a birdfeeder on a decorative garden stake outside the breakfast room window a few months ago, and it's just right for the smaller birds -- but the perch around it is too narrow for the large birds, like bluejays and grackles. So instead of trying to hang on and eat straight from the feeder, the big birds come swooping in, grab the perch, and launch off again to set the feeder swinging and scatter seed on the ground where they can reach it!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love to see woodpeckers in action..so interesting..noisy, but fun to watch..We used to have one that would "peck" at our chimney top and drove my cats nuts. It was a good thing I have a glass door cover for the fireplace, or they would have been in it all of the time..

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's funny is big, tuff motorcycle riding Mike scared of a little tapping. You and my boxer would be a good match. She is so tough looking but she is the biggest chicken. She once knocked her own food bowl over and took off running through the house. And not sure how she would have reacted to Mr Red Belly.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Mr Red Belly must be a fan of Poe's Raven
You must have thought you were losing your marbles. Too funny!
Aaaaaaaah!!! thanks for the laugh

just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you, Mike

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Aaaaaaaah!!! thanks for the laugh

just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you, Mike
LOL poor Mike all of us picking on him. Mike I will send my chiuhauha to you so she can protect you. I would send Macy but she is a big chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

LOL poor Mike all of us picking on him. Mike I will send my chiuhauha to you so she can protect you. I would send Macy but she is a big chicken.
Awww, thank you, but no need...Mischief's got me covered

"Open the window!!!....I can take him!! I ain't scared of no sword faced bird!"

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Awww, thank you, but no need...Mischief's got me covered

"Open the window!!!....I can take him!! I ain't scared of no sword faced bird!"

You're welcome yeah Tiny has enough issues with bugging Tavia she would probably freak out if dad wasn't with her. And I ain't loaning Tavia to anyone she has to protect me when I watch A Haunting tonight and scare myself. The dogs are too chicken to protect me.