Favorite Cat Breed?

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite cat breed? I know I will never have the money to buy one but if I did I would get a Maine Coon. I love these cats.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mixed breeds (what I have
), tabbies, bengals, and persians (I would never own a persian, though just because I don't think I'd be the right owner for one)
I hope to have a bengal someday, though rescued of course.
both of my kitties were rescues. maine coons are beautiful.
I hope to have a girl kitty someday.

ssmith0385

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that Tonkinese, Burmese, Siamese, and Russian Blue kitties are all adorable. And I've never seen a British shorthair up close but I think they are very pretty in photos!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me, I love Bengal's (I have 2 of them), Siamese (I have 2 of them). I also love Aby's and Somali's (Wish I had at least one of each).

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the fluffy kitties, Maine Coon, Norwegian, etc. I also think they Russian Blues and Bengals are beautiful too. Oh and Siamese. And well, all of them!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixed breeds and Siamese are my favorites of course, because that's what I have. But I also love Bengals and Maine Coons and would love to have one of each someday.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of all cats, domestic and the big cats, it`s cheetahs every time.
But if I can only choose domestic then moggys or Chatreux

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've owned (purebred) Russian Blue, Turkish Angora, Cornish Rex and now Ocicat.

I think the oci's are my fav now with CRex a close 2nd. Love both of their personalitys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I've owned (purebred) Russian Blue, Turkish Angora, Cornish Rex and now Ocicat.
I think those Turkish Angora's are so beautiful, very elegant.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turkish Angoras
That's what my little Isabella is. But i really don't have a favorite i like all kitties
I have several dsh's, a siamese (torti-point), and an odd-eyed turkish angora. I love them all and think they're all gorgeous!
they are all rescues

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my standard moggie strays, but I think Bengals are just beautiful and I would love a Maine Coon. I'm embarassed to admit (on a cat-lover's site!) that I really don't know all that many breeds.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love them all... I do not have a preference.. I have a pretty Moggy girl with babys on the way and i will have a retired bengal girl soon.
Cats rule dogs drool... (Yes i have 2 dogs)
Jenn

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oooh i like everything, but...my favourites as I have had them for 10 years... British shorthairs. They are so laid back and affectionate like big teddy bears.

Also love my Bengal and would def have another. Other than that I'd like (not necessarily in order of preference!)....

1) Abyssinian
2) Ocicat
3) Burmese
4) Egyptian Mau

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love most breeds and couldn't tell you which one I love the best, I would never get any animal from any breeder. I believe in going to the local shelter and save a life. There are some beautiful dogs and cats at these shelters and some are pedigree.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like strays. My black/white shorthair came to me last year starving, declawed, thin, homeless. She was about 2 years old. Looked like somebody just dropped her off-she had two collars on and the phone number did not work (I went to reverse phone directory) on her tag. Of course, I scoured the neighborhood and shelters looking for her owner.

The collar was pink with missing rhinestones-that alone broke my heart.

Fastforward to today: After her adjusting to a new home, psychological problems from the incdent, and putting up with a cat that I already had for 9 years, she has calmed down quite a bit and loves her home.

In one year, she is a totally different cat.

They are both black and white cats.