ghost cats!?

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you know when your cat stares at smething but you look and there is nothing there.Is he/she staring at ghosts?It doesnt bother me but i always wondered though it does freak out a friend of mine

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wondered what their staring at too. Until cats learn to talk and can tell us what it is thier looking at, I guess we'll never know.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike has this weird habit of hopping up on one arm of the loveseat in our living room -- always the same arm, mind you -- and yowling at the top-most door hinge of the nearby closet. He'll do this about once or twice a month, always in the evenings, and always for a good ten, fifteen minutes. Then he leaps back down and stalks off in a huff, as if he's been mortally offended by something.

This wouldn't be too remarkable, except that we happen to be friends with the woman who used to live in this apartment with her three cats. (She's the one who recommended us to the landlady.) Her dominant male cat, Hero, would sit near the door and yowl at the exact same spot. I don't believe in ghosts, but this is just weird.

Oz, and my friend's other two cats, are completely disinterested in this door hinge. And Spike and Hero could not possibly be more different. It's just one of those strange little things that cats do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hmm.very curios incident there.princess snow kitten stares at the same spot on wall all the time,her eyes following somehting.Sometimes i have delib tried to move her from there to see what she will do.She resists and stays focused.Saying that.I live in a big old house and it is known to be haunted.someone saw a ghost here and also-Nuns once lived here...weird things always happening

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know for certain if they can or not but I like to believe they can because it makes for a good ghost story and I love ghost stories.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
pehaps a ghost story thread should be started??

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i dont know, but right now heyu is on top of tv looking up and meowing like crazy how she look up in the air, lol

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PS Litten is trying to steal my lunch-potato salad

grayfluffy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A few of my cats at the same time occasionally stare at the ceiling while moving their heads like if something invisible is flying up close to the ceiling. They have done this a few times, it's always the same few cats. I just assumed they could see something I couldn't... ghosts. I believe in ghosts, because I've seen them before. I know my house used to have ghosts, maybe it still does. But, it doesn't bother me.

I believe that there can be animal ghosts too. When I only had a couple of cats, my family and I could sometimes at night feel something jumping on our bed assuming that it was one of our cats, it would wake us up and we would go to pet what we thought was our cat, and there would be nothing there. I have had pets that have passed away, I'm guessing they were still living with me in another form.

No... I'm not weird, these are just my experiences, whether you believe them or not is up to you.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie and Casey always avoid a certain spot on the rug in the living room where my late cat Kitt used to love to lay. And sometimes Casey moves aside as if he were letting another cat pass by and Gracie's not around!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are more in tune with the spirit world. My Pipsqueek has a friend that he plays with in the living room. The friend hangs from the ceiling. Frantic will play with a toy for hours...only he's the only one that can see the toy. But I can hear the jingling of the bell. The only toy with a bell I've ever had in the house was cremated with Shalimar (RB)

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

Cats are more in tune with the spirit world. My Pipsqueek has a friend that he plays with in the living room. The friend hangs from the ceiling. Frantic will play with a toy for hours...only he's the only one that can see the toy. But I can hear the jingling of the bell. The only toy with a bell I've ever had in the house was cremated with Shalimar (RB)
Oh my god!thats amazing.there is def someth there.
ok heres what happened with us-we apparently have a human ghost but im talking about a possible cat ghost:
There was a cat that lived here and not anymore.Anyway,PS Kitten always kicks open the kitchen door,runs thru and jumps up to get out of window to garden-which is near sink and plates.One day we are in the kitchen,the door is kicked open we here a landing sound on the surface,the window moves open and a plat falls to the ground.Was no wind and the sounds were the same as when PS Kitten doed it...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems every few months someone starts a thread about this.

Originally Posted by chromodactyl

pehaps a ghost story thread should be started??
Might be interesting, there are lots of people that have had stuff happen to them that ranges from not quite normal to can't ignore the hadowy figure thing standing in your room.

Some day I may eventually write down all or most of what I've went through. With nearly 11 years of living in a rather actively haunted house and even now with the occasional drop in visit here... makes for a lot of stories to cover.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some spooky post here

Dino is the only one of my four cats that does this - but its in the most strangest places - we just think he's a bit of a freak really

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every once in a while I see Shalimar (RB) come down the stairs. Or I'll feel her tail against my leg. She was a long hair and my boys are both short hair.

She used to wake me with a kiss on the nose...neither of the boys kiss my nose. Every once in a while, I get kisses.