What does Your Cat Breed say about you?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this in an online newsletter and thought it would probably generate alot of comments - and - hopefully laughs!

Domestic Shorthair – Most domestic shorthaired cat owners found or were given a “stray†somewhere along the way. They are often generous and kind with a predominant quiet side to their personalities that allows them to enjoy curling up and reading a book or enjoy the quiet times of watching television with their cats.

Domestic Longhair – Most domestic shorthaired cat owners also rescued their cat in one manner or another. These cat owners are often generous and kind with a both a quiet and slightly “wild†side to their personalities. They can fluxuate between a quiet night and a wild party if given the chance.

Persian – Most Persian owners are laid back, affectionate and very caring people.They are generally considered sweet by their friends and are generally also very loyal.

Maine Coon – Maine coon owners are generally cool cucumbers. They are nice, laid back and generally good people. They are strong and generally provide a good support system for their families.

Exotic – Most Exotic owners are “interestingâ€. They like traditional “things†in life but are willing to explore the less traditional things and ideas. They are generally curious and interested in other people as well as life in general.

Siamese – Siamese owners can come in all kinds of personalities. They are generally social and have a great sense of humor. They are generally quite polished individuals that have a good eye for design and art. They are gregarious and often have good and loyal friends.

Abyssinian – Abyssinian owners are often busy active people who enjoy being entertained by a good movie or television show (or the antics of a very interesting cat)! They are generally inquisitive people that strive to understand “why†things may work they way they do.

Ragdoll – Ragdoll owners may be considered mysterious by some friends or neighbors. They are interesting people with a passion for life.

Birman – Owners of the Birman are often interested in art and sculpture. They like design elements in their homes and lives and strive to keep a tidy household. They are generally considered sweet by their friends and are generally also very loyal.

Oriental - Oriental owners are often have enthusiastic personalities and are well liked by friends and neighbors. They would prefer to eat good quality food rather than fast food and likes to take time to stop and “smell the rosesâ€.

American Shorthair- American shorthair owners are often very good and kind people who enjoy tradition such as the wonderful tradition of family dinners or family celebrations.

Tonkinese – Owners of the Tonk are often popular people full of joy and a zest for life. They are gregarious and fun loving and a pleasure to be around.

These generalizations are just that, generalizations that were created to be fun and are not written to offend anyone. Sammy and Pepper are two cats that carry a lot of cat owner wisdom. They routinely contribute to PetPlace.com. Sammy is a 10 year old Maine coon and Pepper is a 2 year old domestic short hair that rules the roost.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am the first one:

Domestic Shorthair – Most domestic shorthaired cat owners found or were given a “stray†somewhere along the way. They are often generous and kind with a predominant quiet side to their personalities that allows them to enjoy curling up and reading a book or enjoy the quiet times of watching television with their cats.

After reading all the descriptions tho, seems like ALL CAT OWNERS are special in their own way.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine fit into the #1 and #2, and they best explain me very well..How cool is that..Thanks for sharing this..

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Birman – Owners of the Birman are often interested in art and sculpture. They like design elements in their homes and lives and strive to keep a tidy household. They are generally considered sweet by their friends and are generally also very loyal.
lol Well....I'm not much one for art and sculpture, and though I like to be need and tidy, I don't do a very good job at it.
I hope the rest is true though!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised to see mine was there! No one knows about Birmans!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I do fit the Siamese owners (I have 2). I also have Bengal's, and I didn't see Bengals on the list. I wonder what they would say about Bengal owners.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am #1 and #2 and it fits me perfect! I wonder what they would say about Bengal owners.....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is neat! the dsh and siamese were right on for me!
But i must add- Where is the Turkish Angora

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure of mine, which is ragdolls. I do have a passion for life, of course but I am not sure if I am so mysterious? It was neat to see what they said for those few breeds though.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Im the first one as well. Charlie, Jaz and Timmy were all from shelters but Jaz was from a new litter and i dont think any were strays though they did have previous owners. Cleo was a feral (i hate using that word because she wasn't actually 'feral')

I do so love to curl up with a book and a kitty!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm number one and it sure does sound like me. My friend has a Ragdoll and the "may be considered mysterious by some friends or neighbors" part is definitely true, she's quiet and a wallflower. The passion for life is also there, she loves to travel and is currently in Europe right now.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Domestic Longhair – Most domestic shorthaired cat owners also rescued their cat in one manner or another. These cat owners are often generous and kind with a both a quiet and slightly “wild†side to their personalities. They can fluxuate between a quiet night and a wild party if given the chance.

Maine Coon – Maine coon owners are generally cool cucumbers. They are nice, laid back and generally good people. They are strong and generally provide a good support system for their families.

Siamese – Siamese owners can come in all kinds of personalities. They are generally social and have a great sense of humor. They are generally quite polished individuals that have a good eye for design and art. They are gregarious and often have good and loyal friends.
ok where is the manx at
those ones are me and i am owned by each so we just put stormie as dlh because thats her mix anyways
with a manx
But how neat was this