Citrus and peeing

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I think this has been mentioned before but I'm pretty sure it's burried somewhere. For those of you who have kitties with behavioral peeing problems try a citrus air freshner. I like the ones that also absorb odor. Put them on or near the places where kitty is going and he/she should begin avoiding the spot.

Frankie pees on the floor when she's mad at us or if the litter box isn't up to her standard. She always goes to 2 specific corners of the kitchen only. I've noticed that when the citrus things are out it almost never happens but if I need to replace them and wait too long then she goes right back to those places. No matter how well I clean the spots she keeps going back until I put the citrus out again.

So, for those of you who have healthy kitties to pee outside the box give it a try. They are inexpensive and work like a shot for me.

kittyluver27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks I'll try it out. I do have a citrus air freshener, so I'll see if it works. Is there anything citrus that you can put on the carpet, like a cleaner?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That I'm not sure about. You could try the contained orod absorbers but if your looking for a cleaner to get rid of the smell then an enzyme cleaner is you best bet. Once you've got it clean you could see if there is a powder carpet freshner in a citrus scent.

Actually, I just looked and found that Citrus Magic has a whole line of products including carpet stuff. I use their Solid Odor Absorber in the kitcken.

kittyluver27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That I'm not sure about. You could try the contained orod absorbers but if your looking for a cleaner to get rid of the smell then an enzyme cleaner is you best bet. Once you've got it clean you could see if there is a powder carpet freshner in a citrus scent.

Actually, I just looked and found that Citrus Magic has a whole line of products including carpet stuff. I use their Solid Odor Absorber in the kitcken.
Thanks, I'll have to look some stuff up about it.