Fresh kitty owner salutes the forum

janny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Howdy

I've been crazy over cats since I can remember and I finally convinced my folks to get 2 cats!

My sign is Leo (
) so it's pretty obvious from where my kitty love is triggered, after all, deep down I'm a cat myself

I have a tiny question to ask you guys, when is it best to neuter (sterilize or however it's called) a cat? My vet told me to wait a few months although both my cats are about 5 months old...

Thanks a lot for any reply!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site and everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be helpful and informative as well! And of course we do have fun around here

But anywho be sure to post some photos of ur crew we just
photos here!

Also to answer ur question, u can get kitties fixed as young as 8 weeks i do believe but not all vets do that! But my kitten stormie got spayed at 6 months, and well that was the earliest we were able to get her appointment, but they are able to get fixed young, some say its better because it is about time for ur kittie (s) to come into maturity at 5 months! So i would talk to ur vet about that! I wonder why he told u to wait a few months

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks!
Well, I"ll try to get my kitties fixed up as soon as I can, although I"d wish they could just remain the sweet little bunddles of furr they were when I first got them. They grow up so fast *sniff*

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome!!!!

while it is fairly common to have pediatric neuter (8 weeks and up) available in the US, it seems that in Europe this is a little harder to find, but I think 5 months will be just fine to get your babies altered (that's what I usually call it
) we'd love to see pics of your precious darlings too

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to you and your kitties
Its great here theres always lots to do and see, it can soon become a bit of an addiction

Once you have worked your way around, maybe you could post some photos
we just love photos here

Well glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums !!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to the TCS. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of you 2 kitties..Again, Welcome.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and your lovely furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I see you've gotten some good advice there about the right age to neuter your kitties. Glad to see that you'll be getting that done - what a responsible kitty-carer you are

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Janny

Howdy

I've been crazy over cats since I can remember and I finally convinced my folks to get 2 cats!

My sign is Leo (
) so it's pretty obvious from where my kitty love is triggered, after all, deep down I'm a cat myself

I have a tiny question to ask you guys, when is it best to neuter (sterilize or however it's called) a cat? My vet told me to wait a few months although both my cats are about 5 months old...

Thanks a lot for any reply!
Welcome, welcome, welcome! In 2002, I went to Bucharest and I do not have to tell you how many dogs I saw! It is so nice to have a cat person from Romania here. In fact, if you watch, you will find that we have other people here from Romania also with cats. Anyway, looking forward to seeing pictures of your kittys!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, there!
Welcome to TCS!

As for the altering thing, you will find differing opinions on what is the best age, but 5 or 6 months is a pretty good age IMO.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to TCS! Yes in the US they will neuter/alter cats at younger ages. Benson had his operation at 4 months old. He was very agressive and it really did help him. Usually we wait until they are 6 months old.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Welcome to TCS
Nice to see a another fellow European here!

Over here in the UK, 6 months is the age for neutering. But in the States, I read from fellow TCS members that vets are willing to neuter earlier than that. So your fur baby will need seeing to very soon.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Janny and Two Sweet Cats

to TheCatSite and you can make that appointment any time!
THANK YOU for loving cats, for adopting two, and for caring enough to give them good, responsible care -- you're definitely our kind of person!
All nine of us are rescued, live indoors only so we'll always be safe, and are spayed and neutered, of course!
Any age above four months is the time to spay (female) or neuter (male) your kitten, IF the vet is experienced in early-age neutering (that term really applies to both sexes); but if (s)he is not educated in it, then a little older, but at the first opportunity is best.
And keeping them indoors only is always best for their safety and to make sure they do not get pregnant...Please keep us up to date on them, won't you? And we look forward to seeing you here often! Enjoy the forums...