OH MY GOOD! OH MY GOODNESS! Pumpkin had Kittens!!!

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin had kittens during the night. YEAH!!! She woke me up at 2:30 a.m. and seemed ok. I loved on her and gave her some food. She laid by be for about 20 minutes and then jumped in my floor. Then, I woke up to atleast 5 brand new gorgeous kittens
I haven't done much looking because Pumpkin is exhausted but, all of the babies look wonderful and are eating. Mom looks great but tired. I feel so bad because I have been waiting, and waiting for about 2 weeks and then I missed them being born
But, the important this is Mom and babies are doing wonderful!!! I am so proud of Pumpkin! I can't tell you how excited we are at my house
Quick question: How long should I leave the messy sheet in her box? Thanks so much.

I am just SO SO proud and happy that all is wonderful

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!

I change the blanket/towel as soon as I can, because I don't want it to smell or anything. I've never had a problem being about to change it.

kipper3972

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS

aawww!
pumpkin and her new baby kittens ! :]
best of luck xoxox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for letting me know to go ahead and change the sheets
I will go and do that now. I was just worried about bothering Pumpkin. SO, thanks for letting me know it's ok to change them.

WOW, what a wonderful way to start the day
Thanks for the congrats. I will try to post some pictures of everyone real soon!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i always change the sheets once she has finshed as there normally really wet and bloody. congrats on the kittens and im so happy that there doing well.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new babies.
I also changed the bedding within an hour of her last baby coming. I didn't like them being in the wet mess.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that is wonderful news
I can tell you are over the moon

Well done to moma, give her some special chin scritches

Keep us posted on progress and photos when you can

p.s. remember not to use a flash, those babies eyes are still very sensitve, well they are very new ones

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I changed the sheets as soon as I saw your advise to go ahead and do so
Thanks. Mom and babies are all doing great. Just wanted to let you know also that Pumpkin had a total of 6...shew! She is gray and white and her kittens look like her except one and that one is striped with brown, black and tan- they are just so cute! Thank you all for listening and the congrats and advice!

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
congrats!!tats fab!welcome to cat grandmottherhood!we canged the sheets and moved them as she had the kittens under the bed.They are now the most friendliest 4 wk olds ever.they come up to snuggle all the time but keep turning off my laptop-lose internet connect for ages!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!

Glad mama and babies are doing ok. Sorry you missed it, lol, but at least it saved you the stress of the delivery! Can't wait to see pictures

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
congratz!! sorry you missed it too, but atleast now you have new baby kittenns!! andi ccan't wait to see them also

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chromodactyl

congrats!!tats fab!welcome to cat grandmottherhood!we canged the sheets and moved them as she had the kittens under the bed.They are now the most friendliest 4 wk olds ever.they come up to snuggle all the time but keep turning off my laptop-lose internet connect for ages!
LOL under the bed
I am so glad that everyone is doing great! Thanks for the congrats.

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

congratz!! sorry you missed it too, but atleast now you have new baby kittenns!! andi ccan't wait to see them also
Thanks Keisha. Aren't you waiting for kittens (sorry, still learning who's who
)? I hope to have some pics posted by the weekend. I don't have a digital camera just the old fashion 35 mm so it will take time to have them developed
I really was wanting to watch them being born. I had my camera ready and everything lol. I had been up but, like you said, atleast we have new babies

sweetnsassy36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww that is wonderful news
I can tell you are over the moon

Well done to moma, give her some special chin scritches

Keep us posted on progress and photos when you can

p.s. remember not to use a flash, those babies eyes are still very sensitve, well they are very new ones
Thanks for reminding me about NO Flash, in all the excitement, I could have easily forgotten to turn it off

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't momcat usually move the kittens early in their lives, to get them away from the mess of delivery? I guess the smell might attract predators, if she stayed there any longer than was safe... Anyway, if that's true, the smell might actually make her a bit nervous, instinctually. And clean sheets are good for kitlets!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to Pumpkin!!!!!

Look forward to seeing pics of the little darlings. Very happy for you and Pumpkin that all went well