are you for or anti spiders?

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww spiders are scary. I know most of them mean no harm, but I can't even stand to have one in my sight. My DH is the 'Spider Remover' armed with glass and piece of paper, at my beckon call.

(just realised there is no spider smiley?
)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spiders are cool,
now if i could just stop heyu from bringing dead one into the bed, how i am sleeping.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally cool with them outside, in basements and sheds and attics... some of the more familiar looking ones I leave be in the apartment, but wooly or big or for some reason just creeeepy ones get shoved back outside.

For their own safety too... Zissou is a bug death machine. Even millipedes.

Then again I encourage her to kill bugs because those house centipedes give me nightmares! AH! The dorms at my old school were totally infested with those things, they'd crawl out of the heating ducts all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they are evil.other half also removes,somtimes cat - horrible if she plays with them tho.went to pet shop other day,they were everywhere(in glass cages)but still.Partner is from oz and always tells of these horror stories of killer spiders and ones that carry little red parcels on their backs.
Also he reckons that he read how their were human sized spiders walking down high streets in the 1900's-he says he saw photos but has still yet to prove this!Think evel wind up

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE them!!!!! I have the scars from 3 brown recluse bites to justify that too!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love them in my garden( nice natural mite/aphid control)..... I am arachnaphobic so in the house out comes the swatter and the vac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mum used to say that if youu vaccumed them they would hatch baby spiders who late at night would crawl out and get you.

By the way anyone from uk ever watch TFI with chris evans?Do you remeber they did that poll on how many spiders people eat per year in their sleep-due to them crawling on yr face-was 3!!One woman got so para about it she used to sleep with sticky tape n her mouth and swore she could see tiny fotprints on the tape the next morning!!-Happy sleep for arachnoids!!
Originally Posted by sharky

Love them in my garden( nice natural mite/aphid control)..... I am arachnaphobic so in the house out comes the swatter and the vac

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm fine with spiders even though I always get bit by them. I don't know why I haven't developed a fear of them yet. But don't ask me about snakes.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I'm kind of spider neutral....we don't bother one another. On the other hand, if Mischief spots a spider, it's going down!
just so mischief does not then bring it to bed,

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All for them! I love spiders. I know widows and recluses can do damage, and I have run into them many times during my life (without incident). I find spiders to be generally harmless, beneficial for the bug population, and very interesting.

I even keep a couple Tarantulas in my house in their own enclosures.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid of spiders, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to live full and happy spider lives doing whatever spidery things spiders do. Preferably far from me though.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm fine with them if they don't bother me. though here's a story for yas. a couple years ago, we had just crawled into bed. i had just a night gown on and no undaloons. I feel something going up my leg... "John is that you" "is what me" "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" TURN ON LIGHT FLIP COVERS, the biggest spider I'd seen in a while was running a way real quick, I got him in a napkin (still live), and was still kind enough to put him outside even though he tried molesting me! Still makes me shiver though

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very Pro spider... anything that kills and eats mosquitoes is fine by me.

My brother recently had Rose haired Tarantula that passed to the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Lee.