Fudge!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes fudge! I have eaten it maybe once in my life before, and it was too rich for me...Tristans parents went away for Easter, and i got a little box of Tasmanian fudge from them. I thought it was too rich...but then i had another...then another...and now there is only one piece left :p Well it was a tiny box..but i also had chocolate, so ive over indulged. There was pecan, strawberry, mint/choc, orange/choc aaand i think pistachio and something else. Anyone here gotten addicted to something they never really liked or had before and surprised themselves?

fudgeeeeeee

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok i dont really like chocolate it is very rare when i do eat chocolate, but some one my mom knew went around europe they do every year, and they brought her back a box of chocolate from holland, and o my i pretty much at the whole box
i wish we had more....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love real chocolate fudge. Not the kind you just melt chocolate and add nuts, but the real kind that you have to do on the stove with a candy thermometer and beat with an electric mixer etc. However I can't make it
I've tried and tried and tried and it never sets

So now you reminded me that I have to go to The Forks Market and buy some fudge soon, LOL

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Natalie, be GLAD you can't make fudge! I made just one batch in my whole life -- vanilla fudge, it was, circa 1990 or so -- and just by luck, it turned out P E R F E C T L Y. I mean, this was the silky, meltaway fudge mere mortals only dream of! It danced, it sang, it played the violin, it beckoned and lured and seduced me right down to the very last morsel in the pan!

And that's why I've never made it again. I know myself: that fudge was my cocaine. If I give it even one more shot at me, it will clutch me forever in its velvet-gloved grip of steel...

No, no, no... don't get good at making fudge.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I mean, this was the silky, meltaway fudge mere mortals only dream of! It danced, it sang, it played the violin, it beckoned and lured and seduced me right down to the very last morsel in the pan!

My aunts fudge, is sooo good, the outside is hard, i mean almost like hard candy, but once you get past that the inside is jsut like you said. People go nuts over it. However she will nto tell any one how she makes it.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I absolutely love real chocolate fudge. Not the kind you just melt chocolate and add nuts, but the real kind that you have to do on the stove with a candy thermometer and beat with an electric mixer etc. However I can't make it
I've tried and tried and tried and it never sets

So now you reminded me that I have to go to The Forks Market and buy some fudge soon, LOL
I love that kind of fudge too, but the kind I make you have to beat with a wooden spoon.

Sometimes mine has not set either, but you hafta make it on days when it is not raining or it is not real humid outside.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

it turned out P E R F E C T L Y. I mean, this was the silky, meltaway fudge mere mortals only dream of! It danced, it sang, it played the violin, it beckoned and lured and seduced me right down to the very last morsel in the pan!
For someone who is trying to convince me that I'm lucky I can't make fudge, you aren't doing a very good job!!!! LOL

Somehow that isn't convincing me to not learn how to make it!!!!!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmm fudge is soo yummy. I've always loved it. I only have it like once a year cause it's so fattening though.