Colin Sold The Other House!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well- now it's official!!!! The other house is sold!!!
Before Colin moved to Bartlett,TN (right outside of Memphis) with the Navy, He had a house in Virginia Beach. He bought it a few years back and when he got transfered, he was renting it out through a realty company and making a profit off of it. (not really sure how all that real estate stuff works!) Anyways,he recently put it up on the market to sell it after a lot of thought/consideration. He got an AWESOME offer this week for it and yesterday he decided to take it!
So it's done!!!! The house is sold!!!
And the best part is- now he will be able to completly pay off the house we're living in now and own it at age 30!
I'm soo proud of him- he's done such an awesome job with his finances- and it's really great to know how well he's taking care of us
That's one less thing we'll have to worry about now
That's definitely a relief as he took a significant pay cut when he left the military to join the police force. I was soo excited i just had to share!
Now he will own this one and with the money left over, we're putting it into savings and then he's going to take a little bit out to buy some wood/supplies and in his off time build a new bedroom suite
Yea! I'll have a place to put my clothes!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I'm taking him out tomorrow as a suprise (haha he doesn't know yet!) to just kind of celebrate/spend some time with him. (it's our only day off together for the next two weeks.ah the joys of us both being city employees

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats
He sounds like my brother when it comes to handling money. Me on the other hand I'm a spend thrift. I figure that it's nice to save, but it's also good to spend because what good is it to you when you are dead or too sick to enjoy it?

You'll have to show us pictures when he starts to build something.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congrats
He sounds like my brother when it comes to handling money. Me on the other hand I'm a spend thrift. I figure that it's nice to save, but it's also good to spend because what good is it to you when you are dead or too sick to enjoy it?

You'll have to show us pictures when he starts to build something.
Definitely!!!! I'll have to take pictures when he gets to building! He's wanting to build a large wardrobe/armour type thing, two matching dressers, and two matching night stands and possible a matching head board for the bed. But it'll probably take him a while as he never gets a lot of free time with work and all. He did build a really cute desk for his office back over the summer- it turned out nice
he also build his aunt a new bird cage for her birds (she LOVES them) and he's supposed to build Sophie my bunny a huge new cage (she's indoors only) and a cat gym for the kitties. Haha he's got a lot of building to do! Guess he better get on that
/ He's definitely responsible financially and that's something i really appreciate about him because we're both savers/investors and try to be responsible/ good stewards of our money financially. I grew up watching my mom raise me as a single mom and bust her butt for every paycheck she got- so it's taught me to be really responsible and work hard.....Colin has the same sort of money/responsibility engrained in him from both his parents (his mom's from Vietnam and went through a lot of hard times) so hopefully we're both doing good things now that will help us as we get older and start a family. I like to spend money too lol - mostly on small things that add up- so i try to write down everything i buy/save reciepts so that i keep tract and don't go overboard. It's hard though!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Thats so awesome!!

I wish I could save money like that
I don't think it was all about saving- i think a lot of it was him jumping in there at a young age and investing into real estate - you know, something tangable that you can SEE what your money is going towards. I admire him a lot for being so stable financially. It's really encouraged me to do the same and try to save. I want my own flower shop down the road so i'm really trying to save what measly checks i get to put some towards that goal. Also- he had a really good career in the Navy. So that really helped him along- he definitely would not have been able to buy both homes on what he makes now. He took a big pay cut when he left the military to become a police officer. So had he not invested wisely at a younger age he would not be in the position he is now. So i guess that's good.
I'm learning a lot from him about financial aspects like that so i'm hoping that helps me out in the future when i look into buying a shop.