Multi-cat Jungle Gym - anyone have one?

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have one and the cats love it! Even more so when there were younger but they still play with it and sleep on the top.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one similar to the first one. I wanted to try a cheap one out before spending more for something she won't use.
Zoey is around 9 lbs. The poles are very small, so it tends to shake everytime she uses it. The top area isn't usable as it moves too much for her to be comfortable on it.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i looked at the first one at my local target, but we decided against it. we have a play cube and pop up tent for them, and they knock those all over. i was afraid they would tip over that first one.

the second one, i just don't like that it's all hard plastic.

walmart has a pyramid/tent with a tunnel that i want to get them that looks safer, and softer. it's about $6. mine really like to jump on the cube and tent, then watch it pop back up.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the first one, and my two spend more time running through the bottom of it while chasing each other than actually playing ON it, but they like to be given catnip up on the top so they can roll around in it.

However, Ferris really likes it because he feels like he can "hide" underneath the netting. I think he thinks we can't see him when he's under it.

I also have the play cubes, and try to alternate between the two - have the play gym up for a while then switch it out for the cubes. Not enough room in my kitchen for all of them.

I would not, however, buy the second one with the tunnel - my two would never play with it, as they don't like to be "in" things, they prefer to be up high and on top of things.

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

i looked at the first one at my local target, but we decided against it. we have a play cube and pop up tent for them, and they knock those all over. i was afraid they would tip over that first one.

the second one, i just don't like that it's all hard plastic.

walmart has a pyramid/tent with a tunnel that i want to get them that looks safer, and softer. it's about $6. mine really like to jump on the cube and tent, then watch it pop back up.
that's funny. I have just a single collapsable cube made out of that nylon-lookin material. my boy likes to take a running start and dive into the cube making it roll across the room until it runs into something

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashley45

I saw this at Target:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000EPE3YU

Anyone have one/heard about one?
I have that exact thing on my wedding resitery with Target (is it wrong to get wedding gifts for the cats... we don't really NEED anything)?
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

We have one similar to the first one. I wanted to try a cheap one out before spending more for something she won't use.
Zoey is around 9 lbs. The poles are very small, so it tends to shake everytime she uses it. The top area isn't usable as it moves too much for her to be comfortable on it.
But after reading this I may take it off. Frankie is around 11 lbs. and Wickett is AT LEAST 16! I don't think it'll hold them.

If your willing to pay a little more for something a little more substantial people are getting great deals on the wood/carpet cat trees at ebay. I think I'll go that way. If Wickett collapses that jungle gym it'll scare him half to
death.

In the mean time I do have 2 cubes and a tunnel... and lots of boxes!

missy ro-ro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a small version of the Multi Cat Jungle Gym from Walmart, before I knew that Target carried them.

My cats love it! Chloe, who's about 13 lbs, stays in the bottom section, and Anya, 8 lbs, loves the top! It's been their favorite toy for a while.

Check out this Cat Pueblo from Target, it look so neat!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000M4GT4K

I wish I could get it, but we've run out of room in our house with all the cat toys and trees we have!

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I brought the first one from Target last week and my girls love it. I put it up against the wall next to the window so who ever's on top can look out the window. It was easy to assemble but you may want to tye it down to a nail in the wail or radiator or something. Everyday when I come home the gym a has moved a foot and I know it's because Tara (8lbs) has lept off of the top. Frenchie (12lbs) prefers to stay on the bottom even though I've played them on the top. I've put towels on the top cup and the cup w/o the net. The other night Frenchie slept in the bottom hole while Tara slept under the net part (they have very comfy beds that they never use mind you!). For $20, $25 its a good deal until you decide to get a cat tree or if you don't have room for one.